Hi...struggling for life solutions? Contact Mugwenu Doctors. They use local herbs and strong spiritual powers to heal, solve problems, diseases like hbp, diabetes, weak penis, love, family problems, hardship in business, increase luck i.e tenders, promotion, evil spirits, bad dreams. Call +254740637248 or go to
An officer appointed to this position will be responsible for maintenance of an adequate and compliant financial system and controls to ensure efficient financial records, financial statements and other financial reports for decision making are complete and timely.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible to perform the following functions
- Review internal controls and ensure integrity of financial procedures and records
- Review and monitor the general ledger on a regular basis and ensure its accuracy and completeness.
- Lead the development and performance management of Senior Accountant, Accountant I and II to ensure the achievement of both individual and commission goals
- Ensure authorized and signed vouchers for suppliers in the IFMIS system are delivered to the next section, in line with established procedures, to ensure adherence to the financial management systems
- Examine payment and journal vouchers and forward for review, approval and authorization by Assistant Director Finance, to ensure proper usage of resources and avoid wastage
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial progress reports for the department and forward for approval, to ensure informed decisions are made within the Commission in a timely manner
- Verify and ensure that all ledger transactions are correctly posted
- Address financial issues and inquiries from internal and external customers
- Coordinate and manage external audits to enhance transparency and accountability of the utilization of resources in the commission
- Facilitate of internal audits during review of accounting and administrative
- Monitor revenue collection and expenditures based on approved budgets to ensure adherence to the set guidelines
- Ensure application of sound principles, systems and techniques in accounting for finances, assets, revenue and
- Manage the accounting of special funds including donor, programmes and project funds
- Monitor implementation of Accounting standards and systems for compliance; including Integrated Financial Management Information System (IFMIS) operations
- Develop financial reports on expenditure trends
- Determine controls to ensure integrity of financial procedures and records
- Update records of financial and accounting operations and assist in preparation of final accounts.
- Prepare financial management reports that include monthly expenditure, returns, monthly bank reconciliation, revenue/AIA returns, cash flow statements and analysis of deposits
Academic and Professional Qualifications
For appointment to this grade, the candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance), Economics or Business Management, Administration from a recognized
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA K)
- Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
- Nine years (9) years of service, three (3) of which should be in a comparable position from a reputable organization
- Certificate in Management course lasting not less than four weeks from a recognized institution
Applicants must possess knowledge and skills in the following areas;
- Knowledge of Public Financial Management Act Knowledge
- Knowledge of IFMIS and payment processes
- Proficiency in computer application
- Good Communication skills
How To Apply
Applicants are advised to visit our website www.landcommission.go.ke for instructions on how to apply. Applicants MUST apply both online and submit hard copies of their application. In case you do not hear from us, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please note that canvassing for these positions will lead to automatic disqualification.
The National Land Commission is an equal opportunity employer; women, people from marginalized areas and Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The applications should reach the office of the Secretary/ CEO, National Land Commission by
31st March, 2020 on/or before 5.00pm.
All Applications should be submitted to:
National Land Commission 1st Ngong Road,
Avenue ACK Garden Annex, 7th Floor,
P.O Box 44417-00100