Hi...struggling for life solutions? Contact Mugwenu Doctors. They use local herbs and strong spiritual powers to heal, solve problems, diseases like hbp, diabetes, weak penis, love, family problems, hardship in business, increase luck i.e tenders, promotion, evil spirits, bad dreams. Call +254740637248 or go to
Application deadline: 19/02/2020
Employer: Norwegian Refugee Council
Title: Data Management Assistant – Nairobi (Kenya Nationals Only)
Employment type: Contract
Duties and responsibilities
· Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards
· Ensure compliance with M&E strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards
· M&E specific technical responsibility for implementation of Data management activities in relation to NRC projects
· Assist in Provision specific technical support and capacity building towards project staff
· Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options
· Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
· Assist in development and administration of M&E and program data management system
· Assist to develop and support the implementation of appropriate SOPs for information management in line with NRC procedures including confidentiality and data protection.
· Assist in development of appropriate M&E databases to store, analysis and present relevant information.
· Support in training for NRC and partner organisation on relevant aspects of data management.
· Support ME and CCs staff at area level to create and maintain databases and spreadsheets that meet NRC’s M&E and donors’ requirements.
· Responsible for data entry and coherence of output and outcome data in NRC internal Output and outcomes reporting system .
· Preferable University degree in statistics, economics, IT or related fields.
· Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
· Proficiency in English is essential
· Minimum 3 years of previous job experience relevant to the function or in data management, statistics, analysis and information technology.
· Advanced MS Excel skills and experience of working with MS Access is required. Previous experience of working with SPSS, STATA, Epi Info and R is desirable.
· Candidates with skills and skills in salesforce administration will have an added advantage. Strong data interpretation skills, report writing, and data presentation
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Positive and professional attitude
· Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
We can offer
· Duty station: Nairobi
· Contract period is for one year with possibility of extension.
· Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s Code of Conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Nairobi.
How To Apply
*Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position
Title: AEP Teacher (Kenyan nationals only)
Duties and responsibilities
- To take the lead in implementation of the NRCs alternative education programmes.
- To conduct on-the-job teacher training and mentoring of inexperienced teachers. The teacher should be able to efficiently identify training gaps and complement and assist the teacher during lesson.
- Adhere to and promote NRC’s Child Safeguarding policy in your interaction with children under your care
- Conduct teaching in manner that promotes the social and emotional wellbeing of learners
- Teach all subjects to primary learners (normally slightly over-age) on alternative education programmes (accelerated, catch-up) at primary level with the aim of them returning to normal school to take the KCPE.
- To serve as a model and mentor for inexperienced teacher colleagues.
- To provide on-the-job training, mentor and supervise inexperienced teachers.
- Take the lead in guiding the teaching team on the lesson content while referring to the curricular provided.
- Document the day to day progress which is to be used for the improvement of the program.
- Deliver lessons and organize learning activity sessions in the subject of specialization.
- Together with the senior AEP teachers, prepare the learning scheme of work and required lesson plans
- Keep records of student’ attendance, progress and assessment.
- Prepare and administer continuous assessment tests and internal examinations to assess learners’ progress and knowledge assimilation
- Together the senior AEP teachers submit evaluations, attendance sheets and monthly reports to the Center leader.
- Ensure availability of all the necessary teaching aids and materials in liaison with the senior AEP teachers
- Remain up to date on pedagogical methods and ensure a child-friendly environment where each child’s need is identified and addressed.
- Monitor and support each learner and inform students of their progress.
- Maintain good communications with parents concerning the progress of their children.Any other duties that may be given by supervisor.
- Be a Kenya citizen
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Have five years of teaching experience in Primary School
- Hold P1 Certificate/Education or recognized two-year Diploma in two of the following subjects: English, Kiswahili, Somali, Science, Mathematics, Social Studies or Islamic or Christian Religious Education. (Note the selected candidates will over all teaching subjects apart from language and religious studies).
- Be registered with Teachers Service Commission
- High level of personal integrity, cultural awareness & sensitivity and empathy for children.
- High standard of English methodology including oral skills and teaching English to speakers of other languages.
- Experience in Mentoring.
- Having simple individual counselling and conflict resolution skills
- Keen in ensuring accuracy and precision in all his/her works with attention to detail.
- Goal oriented, with ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Ability to work and live in a generally insecure and harsh environment
- Excellent communication skills, flexible, readily adaptable to new challenges and approaches.
- Knowledge and experience of special needs education and practice a plus factor.
- Clear vision and creativity
- Flexibility, reliability and a team spirit
- Ability to work long hours and in challenging situations
We can offer
- Duty station: Kakuma, Turkana West, Turkana County
- Contract period is for one year with possibility of extension.
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s Code of Conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Kakuma.
How To Apply
*Persons with disability & Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position*