Hi...struggling for life solutions? Contact Mugwenu Doctors. They use local herbs and strong spiritual powers to heal, solve problems, diseases like hbp, diabetes, weak penis, love, family problems, hardship in business, increase luck i.e tenders, promotion, evil spirits, bad dreams. Call +254740637248 or go to
Position: Data Scientist
Do you want your work to matter? Do you want to use your skills to make a difference, not just a living? Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
The mobile health (mHealth) trend, offers an unprecedented opportunity to transform the health services available to people across the globe. In particular, the mHealth transformation can be most disruptive in the developing countries, which is often characterized by a dysfunctional public health system with a severe scarcity of health infrastructure and resources. Despite this opportunity, the growth of mHealth in developing countries is rather slow to achieve its full potential. Various factors are hindering the growth of mHealth in low-income countries.
mHealth is at the heart of how Living Goods drives impact. We believe that reliable data, consistent diagnostics and analytics are crucial for delivering high quality and cost-effective community healthcare at scale. We want to utilise our experience to enable other implementers and governments to adopt mHealth solutions which drive the performance and therefore impact of CHWs. The technology plays important role in achieving our long-term goals. We are an innovative in rolling out new solutions and ideas to empower CHWs and management. Living Goods has broad experience of technical solutions relevant to healthcare sector in the developing world and we are continuously shaping our platform to meet our customers’ current and future requirements.
The Data Scientist will represent the foundation of a data driven culture that has made Living Goods a successful organization delivering health services via the community health worker. The successful candidate in this role will use a wealth of internal data streamed for different physical sources, and external data available to understand beneficiaries’ behaviour, improve operational efficiencies and provide actionable insights to stakeholders so they can make smarter, data-driven decisions.
Based in Nairobi, Kenya, the ideal candidate will have an established background in solving complex problems, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and the motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. Our team is small, creative, diligent, highly entrepreneurial and business-focused.
- Use various data mining techniques to uncover trends and derive insights
- Analyse forecasting metrics, perform exploratory data analysis with the goal to uncover trends, find root causes of forecast inaccuracies and develop innovative features that can drive additional value
- Solve complex data science problems using the breadth of open source tools available including problem framing, data preparation, model building, model deployment and output consumption in the form of dashboards
- Manage stakeholder expectations and design data science solutions which align with our pillars of maximizing impact and scale, reducing operational costs and improve beneficiaries’ experience
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and present results concisely and persuasively to various stakeholders
- Deliver successful high-profile data science projects within the organisation
- A university degree in Big Data, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science
- At least 3 years work experience as a data scientist within a business environment
- Practical experience building and implementing predictive models using machine learning algorithms and knowledge of building time-series models by taking into account dynamic variables
- Working knowledge of relational databases, data manipulation, business and/or enterprise intelligence, and applied statistics
- Experience with data science programming languages, specifically Python/Java or R
- A deep understanding of AI, ML, NLP and deep learning tools and libraries and familiarity with big data technologies and data frameworks like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, nifi or other
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and the ability to clearly explain technical concepts and implications of analyses (tell a data story) to a wide audience.
- Proven ability to translate business problems into actionable analyses
- Excellent general IT skills and the aptitude to learn new packages and processes
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in health or a related field will be an added advantage
- Passionate about science and data. Our drive is to bring advanced technology and robust scientific techniques into the research and operation.
- Highly driven, results-oriented, creative and a problem solver with an ability to prioritize and set direction in a fast-moving environmen
- Curious attitude with collaborative and resourceful working style
- Team Player. Act as an ambassador for Data Science within Living Goods and enable others in the organization to utilize your work
- You are accountable. We take responsibility for our own successes and failures.
- You are disciplined. We do things the right way, we do not cut corners, we do not rely on smoke and mirrors; we are the real deal.
How to Apply
Position: Dashboards Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Dashboards Engineer to lead the development of data systems (Data, dashboards and analytics) with proven experience in creating enterprise level systems dashboards using various technology and data sources. Besides You will discover efficient ways to organize, store and analyse data with attention to security and confidentiality.
A great dashboards engineer is able to fully grasp the complexity of data management. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of databases and data analysis procedures. The goal is to ensure that informative dashboards that drive action are available to various stakeholders.
- Create dashboards, automated reports, report templates and presentations by analyzing Living Goods and Partner data using platforms such Klipfolio, Superset, Tableau etc.
- Influence organization decisions through state-of-the-art analytics and helping our partners to identify understandable, actionable, data-driven insights and quickly identify key themes from their data.
- Work with other health teams and designers to understand, clarify and document partner data analysis and reporting needs. Provide guidance and insight on data visualization options for dashboard design.
- Work with the support and M&E teams to enhance data collection structures and procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Building/developing component-based web apps to integrate multiple sources of metrics / tools
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects
- Monitor and analyse information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.)
- Ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Software Engineering, IT, computer science ,Data science or related field.
- Proven experience and strong knowledge with modern dashboard design and creation using Superset, Tableau, PowerBI etc.
- Strong proficiency in query and reporting tools as well as MSSQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and CouchDB database technologies
- Comfortable with advanced analytics tools such as Advanced SQL, Pandas, R etc.
- Scripting proficiency in python etc. an added advantage.
- Some Linux skills
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
How to Apply