Hi...struggling for life solutions? Contact Mugwenu Doctors. They use local herbs and strong spiritual powers to heal, solve problems, diseases like hbp, diabetes, weak penis, love, family problems, hardship in business, increase luck i.e tenders, promotion, evil spirits, bad dreams. Call +254740637248 or go to
Mary’s Meals Kenya (MMK) operates a Primary School Feeding and Early Childhood Development programme in Kenya.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following post:
Accountant – Turkana County
Reporting to the Finance and Operations Manager with a ‘dotted line’ to the Finance and Operations Officer, he/she will assist the Finance and Operations Department in the maintenance, reporting and management of Mary’s Meals Kenya finances; ensuring programme compliance with government requirements as well as internal financial and operational policies.
· Process payments and staff advances promptly through online banking and M-Pesa bulk payment including preparing payment requests by checking the accuracy, validity and completeness ensuring they have authorization by relevant officers.
· Prepare payment vouchers and ensure that all transactions are properly and fully documented and recorded daily
· Ensure prompt payment of all statutory deductions e.g. PAYE, NHIF and NSSF and ensure timely filing of returns.
· Filing all finance and operational documents/records in conjunction with the relevant regulatory, legislative and organisational requirements
· Act as the organization’s petty cash custodian ensuring that all petty cash payments are made following organizational procedures.
· Ensuring all assets are correctly tagged and the asset register is frequently updated.
· Participate and support in budget and forecast preparation
· Process monthly costs, including journals and advances into SAGE 200. Preparing bank reconciliations, bank revaluation schedules, asset depreciation postings and the preparation of all other relevant journals, ensuring accuracy is maintained.
· Ensure an accurate and complete inventory/office supplies list is maintained ensuring the stock valuations are recognized in Sage 200c
· Monitor staff advances and make sure they are liquidated on time and preparing an advances report to be shared with staff to ensure follow up with overdue advances
· Maintain inventory of office stationery
· Arranging timely top up for fuel cards and purchase of airtime for all staff.
· Support in the preparing and retrieval of documents during audits
· Any other duties as assigned by the line manager
Qualifications, skills and experience
· Bachelor of Commerce degree or related field
· CPA IV or equivalent
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
· Highly developed conceptual, analytical and innovative problem-solving ability.
· Knowledge of principles and standard practices of accounting
· Desired Experience 1-2 years working in the Accounts Department.
· Competency in use of computer and accounting software; knowledge of Sage accounting system and excellent excel skills will be an added advantage.
· Experience of working with NGOs and community-based groups.
· Cross-cultural competence as demonstrated by confidence and ability to make relevant presentations to diverse audiences
Finance & Operations Manager – Turkana County
Mary’s Meals Kenya is delighted to be recruiting for a talented Finance & Operations Manager to join our team in Lodwar, Turkana county.
Reporting to the Country Lead, Kenya, with a dotted line to Mary’s Meals International Head of Finance, you will have responsibility for the overall financial management of Kenya programme and you will be a member of the Country Programme Leadership Team.
Key areas of responsibility include:
· To ensure robust overall financial management of the Kenya programme in line with Mary’s Meals financial processes and policies.
· To lead, advise and support the finance team in the management of the organizational cash flow, payables, and receivables.
· To ensure effective and consistent implementation of financial and accounting policies and procedures.
· To develop and implement best practice finance and administrative systems, working with MMI finance colleagues.
· To proactively advise on general financial matters or financial risks to the Country Lead.
· To develop, implement and maintain robust systems of internal control which ensure good stewardship of Mary’s Meals’ resources, both financial and non-financial.
· To ensure that monthly reports are produced within agreed deadlines.
· To ensure that year-end accounts are finalized on time.
· To oversee the annual audit process, including preparation of all audit deliverables.
· To ensure timely provision of financial information to MMI finance colleagues as part of the year end consolidation process.
· To review and submit routine management and donor reports.
· To oversee the management of the fixed asset register.
· To ensure the finance team prepares the annual budget in consultation with the Country Lead and MMI finance colleagues.
· To ensure that budget reviews are prepared as and when required, in consultation with the Country Lead.
· To provide timely information and commentary to support the monthly budget vs actual monitoring process.
· To oversee the procurement, shipping, clearing and receiving of food needed for the programme
· To coordinate the Internal Procurement Committee (IPC) and ensure that robust procurement policies and procedures are followed, in a transparent and fully accountable manner, ensuring compliance with current financial procedures, safeguarding value for money for the organisation and justifiable use of funds.
· Manage and develop strong supplier relationships / supplier network.
· Oversee the delivery of food to schools in line with programme needs, ensuring checks are in place for ensuring quantities delivered are in line with quantities required for each school across the programme.
· Oversee safe and secure storage of all non-food supplies and inventory management e.g. spare vehicle parts
· To ensure consistent and realistic budgeting and management of resources across the MMK team and support the Programmes Department in planning and management of resources.
· To ensure the review, continuous improvement and implementation of logistics strategies, policies and operational procedures and to monitor and report on these policies and procedures.
· To identify and follow up on issues of logistics weakness/non-compliance with the agreed policies and procedures.
· To ensure there are robust vehicle use and management systems and procedures in place with adherence to local regulations.
· To plan for and ensure there is an effective well-maintained fleet to meet programme needs across the whole of the Kenya programme.
Governance & Information Technology:
· Maintain key organizational documents and records.
· Support the Country Lead to ensure that the Mary’s Meals Kenya programme is accredited and compliant with all legal requirements, in cooperation with the appropriate line Ministries.
· To work with the Mary’s Meals International IT and Operations team to ensure maintenance and updating of information systems and infrastructure, including hardware, software, and applications.
· To ensure that IT services and systems are well set up and maintained in all sites.
· To Lead, coach and mentor Finance and Operations team and other relevant staff recruited in future in a proactive and supportive manner to encourage high standards and best practice in all aspects of programme delivery.
Qualifications, skills and experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or any other relevant field
· Fluent written and spoken English
· Able to work well with people of different cultures and nationalities
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Experience in leading a Finance function and leading, engaging and motivating a team of staff
· Proficient user of finance software e.g. Sage
· Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
· Ability to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
· A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
· Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
· Professional qualification such as CFA/CPA/CCAB or similar will be considered a plus
· Extensive experience of budget and financial management and implementation of internal control frameworks
· Experience of working in a charity or non-governmental organisation
· Experience in managing a logistics function.
How to Apply
Applications stating expected salary and CV (including contacts for three professional referees) should be e-mailed to email@example.com indicating the position title and applicant’s name in the subject line.
All attached files should be saved under the applicant’s name.
Deadline for receipt of applications is Friday, 28th February 2020 at 16:30 hours.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted via official Mary’s Meals email address.
Mary’s Meals never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.