Hi...struggling for life solutions? Contact Mugwenu Doctors. They use local herbs and strong spiritual powers to heal, solve problems, diseases like hbp, diabetes, weak penis, love, family problems, hardship in business, increase luck i.e tenders, promotion, evil spirits, bad dreams. Call +254740637248 or go to
An officer at this level will be reporting to the Editorial Manager.
- Writing, rewriting, editing and proofreading text
- Ensuring that KYEB Editorial Style Guidelines are adhered to (the publication’s tone and punctuation/grammar conventions)
- Writing story titles, picture captions and story summaries that are compelling
- Editing all content
- Liaising with writers, reporters and the Editor
- Verifying information and content details
- Gathering and preparing routine information
- Working with designers and Production Manager on publication layouts
- Ensuring that all content for publication is accurate and non-libellous.
- Adding value to content using background material from KYEB-approved sources
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication/ Journalism;
- Post Graduate Diploma or other relevant qualification in Mass Communication/ Journalism;
- A minimum of three (3) years of uninterrupted relevant
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and
Position: Editorial Manager
The Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Information Communication and Technology. The Board was established in November 2007 by legal Notice No. 187 of 2007. Its mandate comprises facilitating Government communication services through the publication of the annual Kenya Yearbook. The Board is seeking to recruit results oriented professionals to fill the following vacant position, Editorial manager. An officer at this level will manage the Editorial Division, reporting to the CEO.
- Advising the CEO on all Editorial related matters in
- Formulating and aligning the Editorial Division’s strategies to the Organizational strategy;
- Preparation of the Editorial Division Agenda for the Board;
- Implementation of Board’s decision in all matters pertaining to Editorial Division;
- Reviewing and revising the Editorial Division Policy, Guidelines and Departmental Structure
- Implementation of Editorial Division Policy and guidelines;
- Responsible for ensuring correct interpretation and implementation of Editorial Division Policy and Guidelines, including those related to discipline and career progression;
- Providing leadership in development of publications as part of the senior KYEB team, along with the Production
- Building and maintaining effective networks of partners and
- Setting the KYEB editorial strategy in line with the overall strategy, taking into account the needs of target audiences and partners’ strategic
- Providing intellectual and technical leadership to the editorial team,
- Supporting effective impact and marketing planning for outputs, setting priorities and the overall work of the editorial
- Ensuring effective monitoring and evaluation
- Developing and building collaborative relationships with partners and external actors (especially MDAs), in order to strengthen KYEB
- Ten (10) years of uninterrupted relevant experience, three (3) of which must be in a Senior
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from a recognized
- Post Graduate training in Mass Communication / or Journalism
- Compliance to Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity;
- Evidence of a strong professional network in the media/publishing industry
- Ability to work at a high level of autonomy within agreed
- A highly organised approach, including the ability to prioritise multiple tasks, cope with tight deadlines, and work under
- A good communicator (able to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information).
- Skilled at influencing, persuading and negotiation (able to present sound and well- reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from arrange of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behavior change).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download and complete KYEB employment form and enclose a CV, copies of transcripts, academic and professional certificates national identity card and other testimonials. The applications should be sent by post or hand delivered to the Board’s offices so as to reach the undersigned not later than 18th February 2020.
Applicants should attach the following documents with their applications: valid Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board clearance certificate, Credit Reference Bureau Report, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission submission form, and a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department.
The Chief Executive Officer Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board, NHIF, Building 4th Floor
P.O Box 34035 00100
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with Disability, Youth, people from minority and marginalized groups and communities who meet the requirements of the advertised jobs are encouraged to apply.”