Operational Excellence Project Manager
Position: Operational Excellence Project Manager
As a member of the Central Operational Excellence Team, you will be a “swiss-knife” in the organization, working on improving processes on diverse topics, from logistics to customer service to marketing. You will be travelling between our major markets and you will discover how business is done in various countries in Africa (multiple base locations are possible).
- Document existing business and technology processes as well as suggest improvements. To do this, you will communicate with the various teams involved in the process and observe how things work on the ground.
- Work with our Porto IT Hub to create specifications needed for process improvement tech developments
- Work with country teams to roll-out any tech improvements in their respective countries and help train any teams affected by the improvements
- Support local country teams in running day-to-day business processes, where and when the need occurs
- Assess processes in the different countries over time and help rectify any deviations from the target process
- Master’s Degree (Engineering preferred) and a few years of work experience
- English and French speaking
- Ability to implement effective operational processes and identify opportunities for continuous performance improvement
- Understanding the communication and presentation skills required to successfully implement changes in a company
- Proven project management, leadership and business analysis skills
- Understanding of “Lean” methodologies and practices would also be beneficial
- Flexible attitude to working hours and travel expected
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment, growing at a very high rate
- A unique opportunity of discovering Africa and having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- A unique opportunity to learn about diverse processes that make a business efficient and successful
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders
How to Apply
Head of Brand & Partnerships
Position: Head Of Brand & Partnerships
Jumia aims to improve daily lives through the internet. As part of our promise to create the most affordable marketplace in Africa and an avenue for vendors to grow their businesses, we are looking for a customer-obsessed marketing expert to enable us to strengthen our ability to delight our consumers and vendors. The Head of Brand and Partnerships reports into the Head of Engagement and is responsible for enhancing local brand love across Kenya through design, implementation and executive of branding campaigns.
- Manage and track the performance of all offline initiatives such as but not limited to : Radio, TV, Youtube, OOH and onground activations
- Work collaboratively with local and functional marketing and commercial teams to build a strong, locally relevant brand
- Drive project management effectively across multiple stakeholders, both internal and external including creative, media,marketing and commercial teams
- Lead customer marketing, demand generation and brand love for new initiatives
- Strategically lead internal/external partners on brand development
- Oversee the mass and digital brand marketing media budget to create a cohesive brand proposition
- Anchor consistent and rigorous measurement of ATL and marketing budget
- Excel at diving deep into specific projects/initiatives and regularly undertake checks and balances to ensure strategy alignment
- You have a degree in Marketing/Sales/Business Administration or equivalent qualification
- Can do attitude, with the ability to influence and work in a collaborative way
- Good Interpersonal skills with the ability to influence stakeholders
- Flexibility to adapt plans/challenges as they arise
- A remarkable portfolio that demonstrates your ability to turn ideas into a strong creative vision and deliver exciting campaigns
- Deep knowledge of marketing methods and strategies; experience planning, media buying, developing and executing complex marketing programs
- Solid quantitative/analytical and budget management skills
- Deep understanding of off-line and digital media strategy and planning
- A unique education in scaling new internet concept
- Become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
How to Apply
Business Development Manager
Position: Business Development Manager
We are launching Jumia Advertising services in Kenya, to enable agencies & partners to access 4-5M unique visitors per month ( 30% of the active internet population according to Google).The messages will reach highly targeted segments, right at the moment of purchase .
To help us build this out, we are hiring a Business Development lead for Jumia Advertising Services Kenya. Someone who knows the media & ad landscape – and can hit the ground running.
- Seek out & establish new relationships with advertisers – from vendors (eg Unilever), agencies (eg Scangroup) and institutions (eg Airtel)
- Educate them on how our services work & how to maximise the value of their investments
- Manage relationships with them over the long term to deliver value, and ensure repeat business
- Deliver on our Ad Revenue targets (net of commissions, costs, etc)
- Work closely with the JAS Performance Manager, responsible for the technical execution of JAS campaigns
- Define & improve processes,standards, templates and best practices both internally and regionally
- Strong network in ad landscape – with agencies, clients etc
- Critical that you know well who to approach, how to pitch & identify value for customers
- Excellent business development skills (inc interpersonal and presentation skills)
- Excited to BUILD a new service at Jumia & disrupt the media landscape of Kenya
- Passionate about advertising, marketing, data, analytics and technology
- Understanding of digital marketing KPIs a plus
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in a technical or businessfield
- Degree preferably in Marketing, Business or Engineering
- 4+ years with Media or Agency experience
- Action-oriented and result-oriented
- Works well with full autonomy
- Strong interpersonal skills: active listening, persuasion & informal influence, teamwork, and integrity
- Well organized and resistant to stress
- Excellent eye for detail
- BUILD – a new business line in an entrepreneurial, yetstructured environment,surrounded by AAA people
- GROW – we will challenge you, be prepared for unparalleled personal and professional growth
- DISRUPT – Disrupt the Media Landscape, and be a leading figure in the Kenyan field
How to Apply
Head of Jumia Global
Position: Head of Jumia Global
As a Head of Jumia Global, you will be responsible for designing and implementing the strategy of the category. You will be accountable for the most important of Jumia KPIs i.e growth and profitability. This position is currently one of the positions where Jumia Group is investing the most to grow the pool of talent. We expect the best performers to be the next wave of CCOs, MDs and Category Directors across the group. You will focus on one or several categories, managing c-levels end-to-end relationship for our top brands and vendors. From the very essence of commercial, operations or even co-organization of Jumia key commercial events. Your scope will provide you with all levers to drive your categories toward the right direction. This position justifies a high exposure to Managing Directors, CCO up to Jumia CEOs.
- Building strong link with C-Levels and account managers of our top brands and vendors. You should justify of a flawless understanding of the entire ecosystem as well as a tremendous network. You will be the only one along with country managing director & CCO to represent Jumia in front of those key accounts
- Driving the growth by ensuring we have the right products at the right prices
- Making sure your accounts are matching key operational KPIs (out of stock and time for having the products ready to ship).
- Ensuring we anticipate sourcing through brand product roadmaps as well as we replenish fast enough missing strategic assortment.
- On-boarding 100% of your account’s products available
- Organizing key commercial events such as Black Friday, Jumia Anniversary, etc.
- Building business plan for your category (ies) to ensure we grow them in a structured way. Those BP will be presented to Jumia local CEO & CCO as well as Jumia Group CCO
- Strong commercial skills
- Good analytical skills
- Great capacity to handle high stake negotiations
- Structured and organized
- Good with tools (excel & PPT, Salesforce.com would be a plus)
- Resistant to stress
- Strong inter-personal skills: Convince the people and your team that you are making the right decisions
- Great ability to work in a fast paced and competitive environment
- Flawless English communication
- Experience over 6+ years either in FMCG, tier 1 retail groups, top banking & consulting companies
- Top Engineering, Business Schools & Universities (top 5 of your field for your country)
- Proficiency in MS Office and google tools
- Familiar with relationship management tools
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity to help build & shape a growing African ecommerce giant
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- Unparalleled personal and professional growth (our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures).
How to Apply