Greensteds School is situated 140 km north of Nairobi, in the heart of Kenya’s Rift Valley and within ten minutes’ drive of Lake Nakuru National Park.
Job: Teacher of Drama and English
Job: Teacher of Humanities
The Teacher is Expected to
Job: PE Teacher
- The post holder will be accountable to the Director of PE.
Job: Senior School Teachers of Science
- We are looking for 3 Teachers of Science.
- Successful candidates will be specialized in teaching at least one Science across the whole Senior School (Year 7-13), including IGCSE and A Level.
- The ability to offer teach another Science subject will be an added advantage.
- The department consists of 3 full time specialist teachers and 2 qualified lab technicians
- We are a non-selective school with a relatively wide ability range.
- Being able to inspire pupils of all abilities is essential.
willingness to take a full and active part in all aspects of a thriving
and progressive school is vital, including the ability to coach team
sports and/or take an active part in the wider co-curricular
- The post holder will be accountable to the Head of Science.
The Teacher is Expected to
- Be punctual for school and lessons
- Attend all assemblies and register students when required
- Plan schemes of work, prepare lessons, set homework and mark work done by the students
- Integrate technology within lessons to enhance instructional delivery.
- Set examinations, provide assessments and tests as necessary, write reports and monitor the progress of the students
- Record weekly the marks, grades achieved by the students
- Attend staff meetings and in-service training out of working hours
- Communicate regularly with parents through e-mail, telephone and parent-teacher conferences.
professional competence in instructional techniques and in specialized
through in-service education activities and self-selected professional growth activities.
- Supervise students
- Accept a reasonable number of school duties outside normal teaching hours
- Participate fully in the School’s programme of extra-curricular activities
an interest in and be involved with the pastoral welfare of children and
bring to the
notice of the Senior Management Team, children with particular difficulties
- Plan ahead the needs of his/her teaching subject or subjects; provide the school bursar with lists of books and equipment and their costs and produce invoices for goods purchased
- Supervise discipline and standards of behaviour and dress code within School by maintaining a high standard and setting a personal example in all these matters
- Assist as necessary with entrance examinations, yearly examinations and external examinations held in school
- Hand over all books, keys and records as and when required by the School
- Undertake a mentoring or training role in the supporting of other teachers
Applicants Should Have
least a Bachelor’s Degree in Science (BSc./B.Ed. Physics) or related field
and a teaching
- Experience in teaching the National Curriculum of England and Wales up to A-Level.
- Creative teacher with the ability to take leadership responsibilities
- The ability to teach another Science Subject will be highly advantageous
- Ability to teach Psychology will be an added advantage.
- Have or apply for a ICPC or Good Conduct Certificate
to contribute fully to the boarding and extracurricular life of a busy,
How to Apply
Dateline 29th January 2020