Our client is one of the leading paint manufacturers in the region. They seek to recruit an experienced and a highly technical person in the roe of Production Supervisor. The key purpose of this role is to manage Production Planning, Control and Supervision
Salary: KES 45,000 – 70,000
Daily / Weekly / Monthly Planning for assigned Work Area
- To plan and organize daily production activities in allocated section(s)
- To ensure that all production work assigned is executed as per plan
Resource Management (Man / Material / Machine).
- To ensure all production equipment in allocated section are in good working condition and any breakdown is reported to maintenance as soon as possible.
- To ensure work is properly assigned to those reporting to you.
- To keep track of any shortage or low stocks of raw materials and packaging materials with a view to update relevant senior officers
Reports – Daily / Weekly / Monthly (Plan vs Actual, Productivity) – Analysis & Countermeasures
Prepare and share daily production reports for your section with relevant production personnel. Ensure to keep hard copies of production reports.
- Keep records of all your production related reports as you will be guided by your supervisor
Standardization of work processes and generation of SOPs.
- Enforce the use of production and processes SOPs in your section. Ensure all SOPs are standardized and shared with your Supervisor for verification and certification.
- Spearhead innovative ideas in paint production and processing of batches to enhance productivity.
- Optimize production capacities and reduce batch cycle time.
Management of Stock Variances – As applicable
Follow stock management procedures by ensuring that all processed batches are posted in the system accordingly.
- Regularly monitor and report system stocks relevant to your production work – BOM vs Actual. All open batch cards in the system must be closed within the shortest time possible to minimize variances.
Implementation of Kaizen Principles, 5s and safety.
Implement kaizen principles, 5s and safety & health standards in your work environment.
Attendance & Communication with Subordinates & maximum utilization of manpower.
- Ensure a cordial work relationship exist between you and your subordinates through good communication mechanisms.
- Reduce overhead costs by minimizing over time. All planned work must be delivered within stipulated time frame.
- To oversee production operations in other sections as may be assigned by your Supervisor.
Cross functional engagement:
- Ensure to engage other departments when necessary for smooth flow of production work and other important activities.
- To adhere to product formulations when processing batches.
- To monitor internal rejections and devise corrective action & preventive action plans.
- Diploma/Degree in any of the following areas: Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Relevant Chemistry qualifications.
- Paint and /or Resin making Industry or Related Industry ( 1 – 3 years )
- Experienced paint or Resin making chemist in any of the following areas
- Research and Development
- Production and Processing
- Quality Control and Analysis
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote “PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR” on your email subject line. Applications closes on 25th January, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our client is an FMCG manufacturing company. They seek to recruit a qualified and experienced Inventory Analyst for the business. An ideal candidate for this role must have at least 3 years’ experience in similar role.
- Perform counts and ensure all inventory is accounted for and reported according to company policy
- Analyze and advise on stockholding adjustments – both raw materials and finished goods – based on actual sales movements and forecasts.
- Coordinate stock take activities both at Central warehouse and company depots.
- Maintain adequate inventory levels to meet customer demand
- Investigate and correct discrepancies in reported quantities and locations of all inventory
- Assess inventory output on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis to identify trends in productivity
- Manage cycle counts of product inventories on a regular basis
- Lead others in safe work practices, especially when in a distribution center environment
- Monitor delivery schedule and customer orders
- Place and receive orders in a timely and accurate manner
- File claims when defective products are discovered
- Coordinate with Supply chain, Accounting, IT and warehouse departments
- Facilitate removal or transfer of product as needed
- Perform process and system testing and track performance by area to locate and solve problems in data integrity, productivity, and efficiency
- Train other employees in asset inventory management
- Forecast supply and demand to prevent overstocking and running out-of-stock
- Coordinate regular inventory audits
- Prepare stock and sales reports
- Work with the warehouse department in stock management.
- Understand sales processes in depots and assist where the stock is involved.
- Degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Economics or Mathematics
- CPA(K) is highly desirable
- Expert competence in use of advanced Excel tools and other data analysis tools.
- Must have experience of at least 3 years as an Inventory analyst/accountant/Controller
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is highly desired.
- Experience with inventory systems will be added advantage.
- Expert data analytics Skills
- Detail Oriented/Attention to details
- Ability to Multitask
- Tech Savvy- Computer Skills
- Good communication Skills-Verbal and Written
- Mathematical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Business skills
- Time management skills
- Report writing skills
How to Apply;
Qualified and interested candidates are advised to send their applications to email@example.com clearly quoting “INVENTORY ANALYST” on the email subject line. Applications closes on 25th January 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Food & Beverage Controller
Our client is a restaurant business and seeks to fill a position of Food & Beverage Controller with a dedicated, experienced and highly talented hospitality professional.
Salary: Ksh 30,000 – 45,000
Main Purpose of the Job:
To coordinate, advice and ensure that all operating stocks in the hotel are controlled, monitored and documented as per procedures.
- Ensure that up to date cost price of all food & beverage items are available so as to ensure careful purchasing.
- Keep an up to date record of all departmental monthly expenditure of items so as to ensure strict budgeting control.
- To receive from the head Store keeper daily, the goods received note and analyze as specified in food & beverage procedures.
- To check bin cards on a spot check basis.
- Prepare daily kitchen food cost and submit it to F&B Manager.
- Check periodically that the value of the restaurant food checks agrees with the cashiers posted food total.
- Maintains an up to date list of all cost prices and ensures that all these cost prices are in measures and advice of variations.
- Ensures that daily stocks are well captured.
- Coordinate and participate in monthly departmental stock taking activities.
- Prepare monthly expenditure and monthly stocks balances reports
- Degree/Diploma in hospitality or equivalent experience working in a reputable hotel/restaurant in similar capacity
- At least CPA 1
- 2 – 3 years’ experience as a F&B Controller or related role in a busy restaurant.
- Good in analysis and use of excel
How to Apply
If you meet the criteria set above, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “F&B CONTROLLER” on the email subject line. Applications should reach us on or before 15th January, 2020. Only shortlisted and candidates of interest will be contacted.