Hi...struggling for life solutions? Contact Mugwenu Doctors. They use local herbs and strong spiritual powers to heal, solve problems, diseases like hbp, diabetes, weak penis, love, family problems, hardship in business, increase luck i.e tenders, promotion, evil spirits, bad dreams. Call +254740637248 or go to
Aga Khan Hospital Mombasa
“Caring for You”
Exciting Career Opportunities
The Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an institution of Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network.
The hospital is part of an integrated health system that includes Hospitals and outreach health centers across East Africa. AKHS is one of the most comprehensive private not-for-profit health care systems in the developing world.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa has attained acknowledgement of its quality service by achieving ISO 9001:2008 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for Medical Laboratory Services and is moving towards Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Hospital has also expanded its services to include Oncology Services complete with a Daycare Chemotherapy Centre, Midwifery Antenatal Care and Delivery, One Stop Breast Clinic, Lymphedema Therapy services in our new Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation department and Pediatric Surgical Services.
We have physical presence in Mtwapa, Bamburi, Nyali, Kilifi, Ukunda, Voi, Mombasa CBD center and Changamwe area
The hospital wishes to recruit an ideal candidate for the following position:-
Reporting to the Head of Radiology, the successful candidate will be responsible for diagnosing disease and injury using medical imaging techniques such as X-rays, Computed Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and ultrasound and prepare comprehensive interpretive reports of findings.
· Prepare comprehensive interpretive reports of findings.
· Offer specialist expertise and guidance to other doctors and staff from a range of medical specialties.
· Examine patient anatomy, pathology, clinical history and previous imaging and select appropriate radiology techniques for patient diagnosis.
· Undertake minimally invasive techniques to guide and direct a variety of interventional treatments throughout the body.
· Evaluate medical information to determine patients’ risk factors, such as allergies to contrast agents, or to make decisions regarding the appropriateness of procedures.
· Provide counseling to radiologic patients to explain the processes, risks, benefits, or alternative treatments.
· Administer or maintain conscious sedation during and after procedures.
· Instruct radiologic staff in desired techniques, positions, or projections.
· Document the performance, interpretation, or outcomes of all interventional procedures performed.
· Develop procedures to ensure adequate quality control of images.
· Participate in continuing education activities to maintain and develop expertise.
· Provide advice on types or quantities of radiology equipment needed to maintain facilities.
· Participate in research projects involving radiology.
· Continuously participate in quality and patient safety journey.
Required qualifications, attributes and experience
· Master’s in Radiology training at a reputable institution to an MMed level or equivalent.
· Registration by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
· Certification in Basic life support (BLS).
· Minimum of 1-year experience of independent professional practice.
· Strong written communication skills for accurate report writing.
· Excellent verbal communication skills to engage with patients and to collaborate with and advise colleagues and other clinicians
· Proficiency with computer skills and software programs used for documentation activities and report generation.
· An analytical mind, an eye for detail and good observational skills.
· A high level of emotional intelligence to manage the emotional and distressing situations.
· Self-motivation and the ability to work under pressure.
Applications are invited for medical graduates who have successfully completed their MBChB (or equivalent) undergraduate degree and have been recommended to do their rotational medical internship by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
Successful candidates are expected to commence their internship from January 2020 for a period of one year.
Interested Candidates should submit the following documents as part of their applications:
· Formal application letter
· Personal statement that includes future interests in Medicine.
· Curriculum Vitae
· Academic degree (MBChB/MBBS) together with all transcripts
· Two letters of reference from Senior Consultants
· Recommendation letter for rotational internship from the Medical Board
Candidates are invited to upload their Resume and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the position you are interested in on the subject line
Deadline of submitting applications is on 15th January 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an equal opportunities Employer”