Job Title: Secretary – Kindergarten
Location: Thindigua, Kiambu
Working Hours: 7am – 4:30pm
Gross Salary: 20k – 30k
Our client is an established kindergarten based in Kiambu county.
They seek to hire a skilled Secretary to manage day-to-day front office and administration functions of the Kindergarten.
· Organize and maintain an efficient and effective office that handles a variety of tasks for the administration, faculty, students, and parents of the school.
· Receiving parents, visitors and answering their queries
· Collecting school fees from parents, issuing receipts and ensuring all fees is collected by end of every term
· Admitting new children and keeping up to date records of each pupil in school
· Perform secretarial and clerical tasks of a varied nature e.g. copying, laminating, running school errands
· Distribute mail and handle correspondence of the office, responding to routine requests for information, and transcribing, word processing, and proofing letters and responses.
· Type, reproduce and distribute notices, newsletters to staff, students and parents.
· Ensure that all communications from the office meet proper written and oral English standards.
· Act as a receptionist, greeting visitors, answering telephone calls in a pleasant and efficient manner, and communicating effectively in routine, sensitive, and confidential matters.
· File and maintain appropriate student records, school files, and other business documents
· Train on how to perform basic functions using the school software (intelsoft) e.g. student registration, receipts, data entry
· Maintain a current school calendar of events and use of facilities.
· Maintain a clear and accurate record of visitors, school enquiries and their contact information.
· Assist in organizing school transport, maintaining accurate student transport lists for each vehicle, and charging and distributing vehicle phones
· Maintain efficient and well organized electronic and paper data collection and filing systems, including confidential student and personnel files.
· Arrange appointments and maintain a schedule for the Directors, Head Teacher and assigned staff.
· Maintain inventories of books, materials, uniforms, toys and equipment (desks, tables, chairs) of the school.
· Create and maintain a clean, attractive, orderly, safe, and efficient office environment.
· Recommend to the school management improvements needed in office procedures or operations.
· Communicate to the school management any unusual situations. Advise immediately of any evidence of substance abuse, child abuse, child neglect, severe medical conditions, potential suicide, or individuals appearing to be under the influence of alcohol, or controlled substances.
· Assist in handling interruptions and emergencies, calling for assistance when needed.
· Assist in fitting and issuing students with school uniform as needed.
· Attend required staff meetings and serve, as appropriate, on staff committees. Take minutes and keep a record of meetings and attendees
· Display ethical and professional behavior in working with everyone who communicates or is associated with the office. Serve as a role model for students and staff in demonstrating positive attitudes, appropriate attire and grooming, accepting responsibility, and an effective work ethic.
· Protect confidentiality of records and information about students and staff, and use discretion when sharing any such information within legal confines.
· Perform any duties and responsibilities that are within the scope of employment, as assigned by the School management team.
· A diploma or certificate in customer care, secretarial studies or related field
· Good spoken and written communication skills
· An organized and methodical approach to work
· Good administrative and computer skills
· The ability to work well with pupils, teachers and parents
· The ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Secretary – Kindergarten) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 31st January 2020.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.