Position: Research Assistant
Summary: This study is being conducted by Kenyatta National Hospital and University of Washington.
The main aims of the study are:
(1) to study the use of mobile technology in adolescents and
(2) to use social media to provide social and treatment support to HIV-infected adolescents.
· Responsible for ensuring efficient, valid and comprehensive data collection and entry for project instruments.
· Responsible for delivering on project activities.
Description of Duties:
· Implement project strategy in recruitment, screening and consent procedures.
· Administer and manage baseline questionnaires using tablet based data collection instruments.
· Assist with the conduct of in-depth interviews and focus group discussions.
· Liaise with relevant partners, stakeholders and collaborators in Nairobi and USA to ensure proper implementation of the project instruments.
· Develop project activity strategy with timely and regularly reviewed implementation work plans.
· Develop /adapt relevant materials to support field activities.
· Plan, implement and maintain records on site activities.
· Facilitating and interacting with adolescent social media (WhatsApp) group discussions regarding HIV adherence, peer support and adolescent HIV care.
· Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports relating to the project; assist in preparation of annual work plans and progress reports as per donor requirements.
Professional / Qualifications
· Diploma level certification in health sciences field (nursing, clinical officer, public health)
· Registered with relevant board
· Bachelors level or higher in nursing or health science-related field
· Experience in data collection, data entry and management
· Computer and ICT skills (Microsoft office, WhatsApp messaging, electronic data collection)
· Background in HIV Research
· Skills building rapport and discussing sensitive issues with adolescents
· Experience working with closely with the Ministry of Health facilities.
· Experience in HIV related research and especially with HIV-infected adolescents.
· Strong Interpersonal communication skills
· Good analytical skills
· Good organizational skills – planning and implementation
· Ability to work collaboratively and independently
How to Apply
Send CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 2nd February 2020