ACDI / VOCA
Job Vacancy: Office / Admin Assistant
Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI / VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy.
Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI / VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
ACDI / VOCA currently has approximately 49 projects in 30 countries and total revenues of $151 million.
Overview of Resilience Learning Activity: The Resilience Learning Activity (RLA) USAID/East Africa flagship learning award was fully executed effective October 1, 2019. It will support regional and country-level institutions to conduct and act upon resilience learning for key knowledge gaps in the Horn of Africa, contributing to the region’s Journey to Self-Reliance.
By building the capacity of institutions to improve analytical capacity, increase the evidence base for resilience programming, and strengthen CLA systems and networks, RLA will contribute to the HoRN’s objective to strengthen regional and cross-border collaboration and improve evidence-based learning.
Job Title: Office / Admin Assistant
Project: Resilience Learning Activity
Reports To: Operations and Logistics Specialist
Job Summary: The Office and Administrative Assistant will handle all aspects of the administration and operations in the country office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinating front-desk activities, including receiving phone calls, screening and determining the nature of calls, distributing correspondence and redirecting correspondence and redirecting phone calls appropriately
· Handling the flow of people through the office.
· Arranging appointments and meetings when requested including managing an active calendar of appointments, composing and preparing correspondence
· Filing, records keeping and offering administrative support to the team
· Assist the Operations Manager in arranging travel movements e: g pickups/drop offs if needed.
· Welcoming guests positively and executing all administrative tasks to the highest quality standards
· Maintaining safe clean reception area
· Perform other tasks as requested by your supervisor or management.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, secretarial, front office operations or any relevant field
· At least two years of experience in an administrative role preferably in an NGO
· Must be pleasant with a warm and outgoing personality
· Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
· High level of organizational skills
· Ability to multitask, handle pressure as well as possess stress management skills
· Must be a problem solver and self-starter.
· Must exercise creativity and innovation, good communication, leadership and reporting skills.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume to HRKenya@acdivoca.org no later than January 27, 2020.
In the subject line, please include the position title. Resume and all associated application documents shall be provided as a single attachment in and list long-term employment history and any relevant short-term consulting work.
Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone.
Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
ACDI / VOCA is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.