Hi...struggling for life solutions? Contact Mugwenu Doctors. They use local herbs and strong spiritual powers to heal, solve problems, diseases like hbp, diabetes, weak penis, love, family problems, hardship in business, increase luck i.e tenders, promotion, evil spirits, bad dreams. Call +254740637248 or go to
Sanergy is an award winning social enterprise that employs the circular economy approach to treat and convert all forms of urban waste into organic fertilizer and insect based animal protein.
Sanergy manufactures and distributes Evergrow Organic Fertilizer and Kuzapro Insect Based Animal Protein, under the Farm Star brands.
The company seeks to recruit QHSE interns who will support coordination of quality, health, safety and environmental activities in the organization.
Vacancy Announcement for Quality & HSE Interns
Key Duties and Responsibilities
a) Coordinate non-lab Goods In and Goods Out Inspection. Coordinate with teams to complete associated CAPA.
b) Participate in the assessment, design, implementation and maintenance of process changes required to achieve and maintain standards set by product certification bodies for both local and international markets for all products (e.g. KEBS standards. Also refer to assessment and prevention methodologies like HACCP)
c) Participate in the assessment, design, implementation and maintenance of process changes required to achieve and maintain standards set by workplace safety regulatory bodies (regulatory bodies e.g. DOSH. Also refer to assessment methodologies like HAZID and HAZOP)
d) Participate in the assessment, design, implementation and maintenance of process changes required to achieve and maintain standards set by environmental regulatory bodies e.g. NEMA
e) Support operational teams to implement workplace organization (5S).
f) Coordinate all workplace audit work and the collection, analysis and reporting of HSE data across the organization. Coordinate with teams to ensure timely resolution of HSE CAPA.
g) Coordinate execution of HSE activities relating to fire preparedness, accident & incident preparedness and employee wellness. Coordinate HSE learning and competence across the organization.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, biological sciences, or ESH related fields
· 0 – 1 years of experience in quality, health, safety and environment related work
· Proficiency in MS packages (word, excel, powerpoint)
· Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
Necessary documents for shortlisting
· KRA PIN
· Police Clearance Certificate
· Academic Transcripts and Academic Certificates
To apply, please submit your application HERE clearly indicating your available start state (include notice period) and your interest in this role, and your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees by 24th January, 2020.
Director of Government Affairs & Policy
Role & Responsibilities
The Director of Government Affairs & Policy will be responsible for developing policy frameworks and working with governments at local and national levels to advocate for favorable government policies, regulations, and standards to support Sanergy’s business and customer interests.
The position is based in Kenya and the portfolio includes Kenya, East Africa, and global sector and policy engagements.
The initial primary focus will be on structuring and securing a public-private partnership for expansion throughout Nairobi.
The Director builds relationships with government officials to keep them informed about our work, ensures compliance with all laws related to our field work, and advocates for policies and regulations that create opportunities to better fulfill our mission.
The Director will work in close collaboration with national managing directors to support relationships with bilateral and international institutions, sector associations, NGOs, relevant government officials and influencers. This role will report to the Co-Founder and will work cross-functionally with all Sanergy departments and country subsidiaries.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Create and execute the Sanergy global Government Affairs & Policy strategy to achieve Sanergy’s long-term vision and near-term goals
· Provide exceptional guidance and support to Sanergy’s Directors across Africa in collaboration with the co-founders
· Build and lead a high performing, dynamic global Government Affairs & Policy Team
· Serve on the Sanergy Leadership Team and drive to achieve Sanergy’s mission and values
Partnerships Strategy and Execution
· Develop strategy to secure long-term partnerships with municipalities
· With leadership, develop relationships with financiers for partnerships
· Secure contracts and successfully navigate public-private partnerships with governments and utilities
· Manage relationships with relevant contracting entities
Policy Strategy and Execution
· Develop and execute policy strategy to ensure government policies support Sanergy’s interests in sanitation, waste management & reuse, agriculture inputs, import tariffs, employment and labor law, and necessary compliance approvals for the company’s products, team, and services
· Analyze policy framework in mature and high priority new markets and proactively identity key policy risks and opportunities and support country leadership to respond accordingly
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key government officials in Africa, key industry associations, and bilateral and international institutions that conduct advocacy with governments to advance Sanergy’s growth objectives and establish policies to promote profitable growth and minimize adverse actions
· Represent Sanergy with politicians, policy makers, and international institutions, and communicate Sanergy’s positions on key policy issues in appropriate forums
· Support the drafting of papers and articles for media and public relations purposes
The Government Affairs & Policy Director will have the following experience and attributes:
· Demonstrated passion for the Sanergy mission, values and customers
· 7+ years of government affairs experience, including relationship management, crisis management, public-private partnerships, new policy formulation and advocacy, preferably in Africa, working with governments on behalf of companies or non-profits
· Ability to identify & analyze policy and the implications it has on Sanergy’s business
· Ability to create policy strategy (offense and defense) and drive results through exceptional execution and relationship-building skills
· A collaborative, flexible and entrepreneurial style, with a strong service mentality and ability to thrive in fast-changing management and government environments
· Demonstrated experience in managing multi-country teams with diverse professional development needs
· Strong relationship management with experience in identifying and securing advocates across a number of African governments
· Ability to work collaboratively across multiple country offices and departments; remote workplace experience preferred
· Very strong critical and analytical thinking skills; ability to work with large amounts of data to develop strategy and make rigorous decisions
· Highly organized and able to follow through and prioritize tasks
· Proven experience as a hands-on team player, with an eagerness to learn new tools and roll up sleeves to get the job done
· Willingness to travel frequently throughout Kenya, across Africa, and globally
· An effective communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong oral and written skills and a willingness to share information; required fluency in English; Swahili highly desirable; French preferred
· Copy of National ID
· Academic transcripts
· Academic certificates
· Letter of recommendation (from school or previous employer)
· KRA Pin
· Police Clearance
To apply, please submit your application HERE clearly indicating your available start state (include notice period) and your interest in this role, and your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees by 30th January, 2020.
Kindly indicate your salary expectations.