Hi...struggling for life solutions? Contact Mugwenu Doctors. They use local herbs and strong spiritual powers to heal, solve problems, diseases like hbp, diabetes, weak penis, love, family problems, hardship in business, increase luck i.e tenders, promotion, evil spirits, bad dreams. Call +254740637248 or go to
Job Vacancies: Quantitative and Qualitative Field Interviewers for the Air Pollution Project in Mwala Sub-County
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit non-governmental organization that carries out policy-relevant research on population, health, education and development issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
The APHRC invites applications for quantitative field interviewers in an upcoming study on addressing household air pollution through the introduction of ethanol cookstoves.
The aim of the study is to assess the feasibility of introducing ethanol as an alternative clean cooking fuel in rural households.
The intervention is being implemented by E-Moto, an organization that has worked with various communities in Kenya to introduce ethanol cookstoves and restore landscapes.
Minimum Qualifications Required for Quantitative Field Interviewers
1. Completed Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education with a minimum grade of C Plain.
2. Availability to work full time on the project for the duration of the data collection activities
3. Have proven experience in research work (e.g. quantitative data collection)
4. MUST be able to use tablets or mobile phone platform to collect data.
5. Familiarity with and proficiency in computer applications (e.g. MS Excel, MS Word)
6. Fluency in English, Kamba and Swahili
7. MUST be a resident of Mwala sub-County (specifically Mbiuni Ward)
8. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Conduct interviews on all recruited study participants
2. Place air quality monitors in sampled households and retrieve them at the end of the monitoring cycle.
3. Review and verify the collected data to ensure completeness prior to online submission.
4. Keep updated records of assigned work
5. File weekly progress reports on project activities in liaison with the team leader.
6. Other tasks assigned by the team leader and principal investigator
Minimum Qualifications required for Qualitative Field Interviewers
1. Must have a Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or public health
2. Have proven experience and skills in qualitative research work (conducting FGDs, IDIs and/or KIIs)
3. Ability to facilitate interviews and group discussions Kamba, and have strong written and spoken English and Kiswahili languages.
4. Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
5. Have experience in note-taking during qualitative discussions
6. Availability to work full time on the project for the duration of the study
In addition, priority will be given to candidates who are:
1. Residents of Mwala sub-County preferably Mbiuni Ward
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Take notes and compile comprehensive qualitative interview debriefing reports / notes
2. Moderate / facilitate qualitative interviews with community members in the study area
3. Prepare data collection progress report and updates
4. Other tasks assigned by the team leader and principal investigator
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter together with a CV with contact details of three referees.
Please indicate on the cover letter the area where you come from and where you currently live.
Applications should be submitted as attachments via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org , to reach us by close of business on February 7th 2020.
Please indicate on the email subject line ‘QUANTITATIVE FIELD INTERVIEWER – AIR POLLUTION STUDY’ if applying for the quantitative interviewer position or ‘QUALITATIVE FIELD INTERVIEWER- AIR POLLUTION STUDY’ if applying for a qualitative position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS TO ANYONE DURING ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of children.