Education Development Trust
Internship Opportunity: Executive Assistant Intern
Education Development Trust is a not for profit organisation, whose mission is to provide evidence – based sustainable solutions that transform lives through education.
Education Development Trust is an international not-for-profit organisation with an exclusive focus on education.
We partner with governments around the world to help to make ambitious and visionary education policy a reality.
We invest annually in our programme of education research and this evidence informs policy and practice around the world.
We have a long-established presence in Africa – running programmes since 1992 – and have worked with a range of governments, donor agencies and partners to improve education across the continent, delivering short-term consultancy as well as long-term, national programmes.
We have specialist expertise in sustainable school system reform at scale – from improving pupil enrolment and retention to training teachers and advising government ministries.
Our educationalists are experienced in leading complex programmes in challenging environments and we regularly work with like-minded organisations to ensure we maximise our impact.
Executive Assistant Intern
Education Development Trust is looking for an Intern to support the Regional Director and regional Senior Management Team (SMT) in Nairobi office.
Job Purpose: The role holder will handle a wide range of administrative and executive tasks for the Regional Director (RD) and regional Senior Management Team (SMT).
Duties and Responsibilities
· Providing quality secretarial and support services to the Regional Director and regional senior management team.
· Drafting correspondence, keeping relevant records and analysing information while ensuring confidentiality and integrity of correspondence in the RD’s Office
· Maintaining the Regional Director’s appointment schedules and diary by planning and scheduling meetings, and making travel arrangements;
· Handling internal & external enquiries on behalf of the Regional Director in an expeditious and confidential manner
· Maintaining accurate filing and record system;
· Drafting of letters, presentations, minutes and reports as directed by the Regional Director;
· Processing travel documents including visa applications and related documents for the RD;
· Facilitating and arranging SMT meetings;
· Arranging travel schedules and making reservations for the senior management team as required;
· Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
· Professional qualification in Business Administration/or Business Management degree.
· Must have graduated in the past one year from a recognized institution.
· Any other relevant development related discipline is an added advantage.
· Excellent written and oral English language skills;
· Excellent communication, interpersonal relations and computer skills;
· Fluency in written and spoken English with good writing skills;
· Evidence of computer literacy and related software packages particularly MS Word and MS Excel;
· Administration support services experience is an added advantage.
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written
· Ability to record and/or communicate messages accurately;
· Excellent time management skills;
· Ability to liaise with line manager to ensure the effective management of workload;
· Ability to prioritise workload and deal with multiple requests and tasks;
· Strong interpersonal skills, high degree of flexibility and a team player;
· Excellent writing and organizational skills;
· Ability to work independently with little supervision.
Languages: Proficiency in English.
This opportunity is for three months only.
The successful individual will be mentored to learning how to carry out the outlined activities in building their experience.
How to Apply
Interested and eligible candidates should submit a detailed CV and Cover letter including three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of the name of the post applied for.
Applications must be received on or before 04th February 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Education Development Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and police clearance checks.