Position: Credit Analyst
Analysis and approval of credit facilities to mitigate on credit risk by ensuring compliance to laid down bank lending policies and procedures.
- Conduct thorough analysis of financial statements and assessment of Corporate credit requests, including new requests, changed requests, refinancing and annual due diligence
- Present analysis, findings, and recommendations to Management Credit Committee, especially findings that involve a borrower’s ability to repay
- Develop and prepare spreadsheets and models to support analysis of new and existing corporate credit applications
- Ensuring Credit Policies, Product Profiles and set timelines are adhered to in analysis and approval of corporate credit facilities.
- Conduct industry/sector studies with a view to updating policies and procedures guiding lending to a specific corporate sector.
- Ensure high audit rating is attained.
- Check and verify the accuracy, completeness of the documents against the checklist provide according to product lines; KYC/AML compliance requirements.
- Presentation of board level credit facilities to the Board Credit Committee for approval.
- Assessing and approving credit applications ensuring compliance with all Credit policy and underwriting standards, Delegated Lending Authorities and Service level agreements. The broad objective further entails support of Corporate book growth within acceptable PAR tolerance levels to ensure the book remains profitable while the bank becomes a market leader in this segment
- Any other official duty that may be allocated by management from time to time.
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounts, Finance or related field.
- Professional Credit or Accounting qualifications a plus.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years practical experience with proven result oriented track record in recoveries.
- Experience in banking & legal background a plus.
- Personality: A go-getter, good negotiator, enthusiastic, results oriented with excellent communication and social skills. A forward planner with clear focus, mature, reliable, hardworking and able to work without supervision.
- Sound knowledge of the Bank’s policies and procedures
- Management ability: Responsibility and ability to grow, support and develop talent within the Credit Analysis Unit.
- Computer skills: adept in use of Ms Word, Excel, Access, powerpoint, Internet and email.
- Honest and with high integrity
- Ability to interpret Financials and make sound decisions out of it.
- Keen to details.
- Innovative and creative.
- Ability to take personal initiative and work with minimal supervision
Position: Branch Manager
Reporting to: Regional Manager- Retail Banking
To lead the branch team and in particular drive and deliver excellent business performance through powerful leadership of the Branch ensuring optimum productivity, operation efficiency and outstanding customer service.
SALES AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Business growth and development as per KPIs on BSC
- Assess local market conditions identify current and prospective sales opportunities and develop forecasts, financial objectives and business plans for the branch
- Develop and implement branch strategy and sales plans to ensure achievement of branch targets
- Communicate effectively with other branches and senior managers by sharing information on effective practices competitive intelligence, business opportunities and needs
- Address customer and employee satisfaction issues promptly and promote a world class customer service culture
- Cooperate fully with the credit Department in extending and enforcing credit policy
- Credit Risk monitoring and control of credit portfolio
- Ensure credit management and credit operations at the branch is fully compliant to the Bank Credit Policy and procedures
OPERATIONS AND CONTROL
- Ensure proper due diligence on KYC is conducted on all customer accounts to effectively manage AML/CFT risks at the branch level
- Ensure total adherence to control and Risk Policies and procedures by all staff in the branch
- Ensure all audit issues are addressed promptly
- Operation Risk Management and control
- Regularly evaluate the effectiveness of the branch operations to ensure that policies are being adhered to and that goals are being attained at all times
- Ensure the safekeeping of Branch assets including structures, equipment, inventory and cash.
- Review all branch reports and ensure action is taken for any exceptions identified
- Financial analysis i.e. ratios and other measurement tools to manage branch revenue, operating costs and profitability.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of all branch staff, prepare performance appraisals and recommend and/or initiate corrective action where necessary to improve performance and/or attaining established personal and organizational goals
- In collaboration with the HR Department, develop and implement a succession planning program for the branch to facilitate continuity and availability of required skills and competencies to meet the needs of the branch.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the branch team through effective planning, communication, training, mentoring and coaching.
- Effective resource management and ensuring safety of staff at all times
- Ensure achievement of the branch performance objectives.
- Leading by example, ensure adherence to integrity and high ethical standards by all staff in the branch
- Participate actively in community business and industry organizations to build a network of contracts that improve the presence and reputation of the branch and bank in the local area
- Establish and maintain a system that fosters a culture of teamwork, employee empowerment and commitment to the department’s and the Bank’s goals.
- Any other official duties that may be assigned to you from time to time by management.
- Hold a Bachelors degree in Commerce/Business, Accounts or related field.
- Professional banking qualifications or CPA (K) qualifications is a plus.
- Have a minimum of six (6) years’ experience in banking 2 of which must be at branch management level in the banking sector with proven result track record.
- AMC/CFT training/knowledge.
- Understand the Banking Act and Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) clearing procedures and general laws related to Banking; high levels of professionalism and professional development.
- Good Knowledge of CBK Prudential Guidelines
- Management and leadership ability: Have excellent interpersonal and people management skills.
- Computer skills: Adept in use of Ms Word, Excel, Access, power-point, Internet and email.
- Personality: results oriented with excellent communication and social skills. A forward planner with clear focus, mature, reliable, hard working and able to work without supervision.
- Honest and with high integrity.
How to Apply
ALL applicants MUST apply online to the email; firstname.lastname@example.org; closing date is 28th January 2020. Canvassing will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“We are an equal opportunity employer”