Job Vacancy: Inventory & Cost Accountant
Location: Mombasa, Kenya
The successful candidate will possess:
· 3+ years of cost management and stocks control experience, preferably at a manufacturing company. Must have a strong cost accounting background, a good understanding of accounting principles and excellent analytical skills.
· Relevant professional qualification such as CPA, CIMA, ACCA,
· Be a member in good standing of ICPAK or equivalent professional body.
· Relevant university degree will be an added advantage.
· Good working knowledge of SAGE PASTEL accounting software will be an added advantage.
· Pre-requisite knowledge and skills on:
1. proficiency in cost accounting – ability to plan, collect and analyse data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, labour, fuel costs, etc;
2. Quantitative and analytical skills – ability to collect, analyse data and record results and come up with accurate reports;
3. Inventory management;
4. General bookkeeping and proficiency in computer applications
5. International Financial Reporting Standards; VAT Act; Income Tax Act;
6. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
7. Focused and ability to prioritize
8. Able to work in a fast-paced environment and cope with pressure
9. Organizational skills
10. Team player
11. Customer service skills
12. Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
13. Sense of urgency with good eye for detail and accuracy
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Ascertainment of cost and determining the selling price:
· Providing an accurate analysis of cost per unit of the different products manufactured by the company;
· Providing necessary data for the fixation of selling price of products manufactured;
· Computing profits earned on each of the products and advising management as to how these profits can be improved.
· Maintaining costs to the lowest point consistent with the most efficient operating conditions;
· Analyzing wastage in each process of manufacture and implementation of necessary control measures to minimize the wastage;
· Implementing cost control systems like Budgetary Control and Standard Costing for the control of expenditure on raw materials, labour and overheads.
3. Inventory management:
· Managing the stocks of the company, including conducting physical stock-takes and monitoring stock levels to ensure there are no stock outs;
· control of inventory so that there may be minimum locking up of capital in stocks of raw materials, stores, work-in-process and finished goods;
· Implementation and monitoring of internal controls over inventory.
· Collection and presentation of such information as is required by management in its task of planning and making decisions.
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV to email@example.com before end of day 15th February 2020.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted