Our client is a restaurant in Nairobi specializing in Yemeni cuisine.
They seek to recruit for the role of Waiters, who will be responsible for ensuring that customers have a satisfying service experience
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Level: Entry level
Salary: KES 20,000 per months
Job Summary: The Waiter will be responsible for ensuring that all customers are served to the highest standards of hospitality in the Restaurant at all times within all food and beverage areas.
· Greets customers and presents them with the menu.
· Informs customers about the special items for the day and menu changes, if any.
· Suggest food and beverages to the customer and also try to up sell.
· Take food and beverage orders from the customer on the order taking pads or on the handheld Point of sale (POS) system.
· Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
· Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
· Filling in for absent staff as needed.
· Punch the order on the POS machine and make sure to enter the special requirements made by the guest while ordering the food.
· Communicate to the customer and provide assistance with their queries.
· Co – ordinate with the kitchen staff to ensure smooth operation and customer satisfaction.
· Serve food and beverages to the guests as per the course of order.
· Observes customers and ensure their satisfaction with the food and service.
· Promptly respond to guest with any additional request.
· Diploma in F&B from recognized Institution
· 3 years’ relevant work experience from a busy Restaurant
· 5.11 ft tall
· Ability to work under pressure
· Good customer care and communication skills
· Friendly disposition to guest, strong enthusiasm for the job, highly motivated with great ability to work harmoniously in a team
· Food handlers certificate
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their applications to email@example.com clearly quoting “WAITER” in the email subject line.
Applications close on 6th January 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.