Quality Analyst – Test Automation Engineer
Quality Analyst – Non-Functional Testing Engineer
Quality Analyst – Functional Testing Engineer
Reporting to the QA- Functional Testing Lead,the position holder will execute Software functional testing and ensure solutions delivered to the customers meet the desired user specifications; ensuring all bugs are identified and resolved before product launch leading to zero revenue losses and customer impact.
He / he is responsible forexecuting the test strategy; plan, monitor and control the testing activities related to User Acceptance testing, with an emphasis on validating solution / product readiness for production.
- Accountable for end to end user acceptance testing, end to end reporting& analysis on test progress, testing process and tracking of bugs to resolutions and stakeholder management, ensuring product testing is executed within the planned timelines
- Adopt creativity to achieve higher levels of competency and efficiency through adoption of fit for future technologies.
- Responsible for end to end management of large test teams and ensuring the testers execute within planned timelines and scope for the projects
- Accountable forimplementation and management of fully functional test environments for all IT systems ensuring stability of all test environments including subsequent upgrades and modernizations on these environments
- Accountable for administration and maintaining tools for test management (ALM); ensuring proper use of all test tools
- Define suitable metrics for measuring test progress and evaluation of the quality of the testing process and products
- Accountable for setting up quality gates and ensuring that a product is comprehensively checked and passed through all the gates before acceptance testing
- Accountability in test data management including building of tools to manage the test resources and build a process around the management of test resources
- Accountable for validation of quality of all releases and fully accountable for product readiness to production
- Undertake programs to increase the quality of delivery and ensure zero major defects escape into production
- Bachelor of Science Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Development or related subject
- 2 years + experience in software testing in a busy IT environment
- Strong understanding of the software Testing Life cycle (STLC)
- Experience in managing large test teams
- Ability to effectively manage competing resources and priorities
- Knowledge of Acceptance Test Driven Development
- Experience in functional testing and use of test management tools (Micro-Focus ALM)
- Experience in test design techniques (black box and white box)
- Experience with report generation and analysis of testing results
- Strong risk identification and mitigation planning skills
- ISTQB or ITIL is an added advantage.
The role will be the liaison between business system users and the information technology team in as far as creating automated business solutions is concerned. The role holder will also be responsible for gathering, detailing and documenting business requirements in a format that is useful to business end users and technical developers, propose ways in which the existing processes and systems can be used or changed to meet new business requirements as well as point out and identify new systems needed to meet business requirements, within the context of a well established Enterprise IT Architecture.
Business Requirements Analysis
- Carry out full business requirements discovery that includes interviewing relevant stakeholders and end-users.
- Collect, classify, analyze and document business requirements as per set standards.
- Create high-level solution designs to meet business requirements by exploiting the functionality available in IT systems already in Safaricom, or by filling missing gaps with appropriate new systems, in accordance with enterprise architecture
- Collaboratively develop test-driven business requirements and functional specifications with business, technical, and testing team members.
- Participate in technical/functional evaluation of bids for new systems
- Ensure sensible consensus is reached for all requirements/specifications and help business, IT, and test leads to have the same mutual understanding thereof.
Business Process Documentation
- Generate process documentation that clarifies and validates how the organization utilizes business systems to meet business requirements
- Ensure that IT systems are aligned with Safaricom business processes, and engage business stakeholders in process reviews to ensure:
- development costs for new business applications/products are reduced
- quick reaction to urgent business needs, and any new regulations
- Improved user/customer experience and quality assurance
Release Planning and Prioritization
- Promote proper release planning, guaranteeing adherence to business needs and priorities and as a consequence, contribute to the reduction of development costs in future
- Follow a prioritization process that is transparent and understandable for all parties involved
- Keep stakeholders constantly up-to-date on progress
- Verify that requirements are testable and generate testing objectives.
- Review test cases for accuracy. Validate User Acceptance results conform to requirements
- Degree in computer science, Information Technology or any other related Technical field.
Experience and Skills
- Business analysis skills
- Excellent systems analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills along with meeting facilitation skills
- Logical and physical data modeling, relational databases.
- Experience in writing formal Use Cases and other UML tools
- Demonstrated experience producing requirements that support test-driven development.
- Excellent communication skills: BAs must be able to listen to customers, document requirements quickly & accurately, and review written materials for accuracy. Must also be able to communicate specifications to person’s at all technical levels.
- Expertise in enterprise architecture.
- 3+ years experience as a systems developer/business analyst in a busy IT development environment, 2 years of which must include experience in systems analysis.
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Desire to continually learn new skills
How To Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role, clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below: