0

Friday, December 6, 2019 - A Primary School teacher from Kibingoti village in Ndia Constituency, Kirinyaga County, accidentally set her house on fire while trying to burn a snake that had slithered into the house.

The teacher who has been identified as Elizabeth Muthoni Gacheru was washing clothes when she saw a snake slithering into her house and then hid in her bedroom.

In a bid to smoke the serpent out of the house, she took a piece of cloth and lit it before throwing it into the bedroom where the deadly reptile was hiding.
However, the whole house caught fire and it took the intervention of the County Government fire fighters to contain the inferno which had gutted parts of the house but the damage had already been done.

Parts of the house, her clothes and electronics had been damaged leaving her counting losses estimated to be worth approximately Sh1 million.

It is not clear if the snake was killed in the incident.

The Kenyan DAILY POST
Loading...

Post a Comment

 
Top