Job Title: Receivables Accountant – FMCG
Industry: FMCG (Alcoholic Beverages)
Reporting to: Finance manager
Gross salary: 60k
Our client is a well-established distributor of different alcoholic beverages.
Majorly dealing with imported brands.
They seek to recruit an account receivable accountant who will provide financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate payment of accounts in the company.
· Involved in developing the company credit policy in liaison with sales, financial and procurement management
· Handle major accounts, visit customers to audit the debtors
· Handle disputed accounts and negotiate to bring payments into line with terms
· Undertake complex reconciliations and compile documentation for legal action
· Obtain sufficient information to assess the credit worthiness of new and existing customers
· Improve departmental processes and procedures e.g. invoicing, follow up. Query management
· Negotiate with clients e.g. credit information, credit insurance and debt collection agencies
· Categorize customers by investment level risk, and reviews this as appropriate(trade credit)
· Liaising with the finance director to stop any supply of goods to overdue accounts, can instigate legal proceedings
· Protect the company’s interests at creditors meetings relating to insolvent customers
· Involved in internal and external audit exercise to provide information
· Any other duty assigned by the management
· University Degree B com (Finance/Accounting)
· 3 years’ experience in a similar position and preferably in a FMCG
· Should be honest and have the capacity to work well under pressure and deliver desired results.
· Be co-operative and possess as an open attitude
· Good analytical and should demonstrate decision making capabilities
How to Apply
Please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Receivables Accountant – FMCG) to email@example.com before 17th December 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.