BRAC is a development success story, born in Bangladesh and expanding into 10 other developing countries in Asia and Africa.
It spreads anti-poverty solutions making it a global leader in providing opportunities for the world’s poor.
With a holistic approach that uses a wide array of interventions including microfinance, education, healthcare, legal services and more, BRAC invests in communities own human and material resources, catalyzing lasting change and creating an ecosystem in which the poor have the chance to seize control of their own lives.
In February 2019, BRAC was ranked as the number one NGO in the world for the fourth consecutive year by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent media organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector.
BRAC International is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:
Finance Manager – Africa Regional Hub
The Finance Manager (FM) is responsible for efficient and smooth running of finance functions of BRAC Africa Regional Hub in Nairobi, Kenya.
The FM manages all aspects of budgeting, financial systems, financial reporting, assets/fleet management, regulatory compliance and grants.
Also serves as chief adviser for the Africa Regional Hub on all matters of finance, budgeting, audit, contractual management, compliance
· Business Planning & Budgeting
· Financial Transactions and reporting
· Financial Procedures Management
· Compliance and regulations
· Personnel Management
· Master’s Degree in Accounting/Finance plus ACCA/CPA/CA/CIMA
· At least 10 years’ Experience in International NGO
· Knowledge of IAS/IFRS Accounting, budgeting, Finance & Accounts
· At least 5 years’ experience of leading Finance/Audit team
· Knowledge of International Standard on Accounting
· Good communication skills
Executive Assistant to Regional Director
The Executive Assistant will provide effective and efficient support to the Director- Africa Region to ensure smooth strategy delivery.
This includes programmatic, administrative, logistical and information management.
· Provide administrative & programmatic support to the Director
· Summarize monthly reports and maintain records
· General administration support to the Director
· Maintains Director’s appointment schedule
· Organise meetings and take minutes
· Visa processing support
· At least 7 years of experience in administrative function from International NGOs
· Degree in Business Studies or equivalent
· Knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Proactive and Independent
· Proficiency in written and verbal communication
Employment type: Contractual
Job Location: BRAC International Regional Office Nairobi -Kenya
How to Apply
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned positions, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidates Email your CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at email@example.com
Please mention the name of the position you are applying for.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 13th December 2019
BRAC is commit ted to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to snare the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, arid gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedure include extensive background checks and disclosure of criminal records in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer