Africa Digital Media Institute (ADMI)
Background: Based in Nairobi, Kenya, the Africa Digital Media Group comprises the Institute, Studio and Foundation.
The Institute (ADMI) is Eastern Africa’s premier creative arts, media and technology training institution.
The Studio produce compelling African stories and games to engage audiences worldwide.
And the Foundation mobilizes capital, talent and other resources to support engagement of Africa’s digital generation in the fast-growing, global creative economy.
ADMI and its affiliates form an innovative social enterprise through which the next generation of digital professionals and creative entrepreneurs get the training, mentorship and platform they need to turn their passion into a profession.
To support our fast-growing Group, we are undertaking search for the following position:
Social Media Coordinator
The Social Media Coordinator in the Commercial Department is responsible for the day-to-day management of the company’s social media properties. Working closely with the marketing team to generate a social media strategy and a social media presence that will promote brand awareness and drive sales. The role straddles the Africa Digital Media Group (Institute, Foundation and Studios).
Success in this position entail building a vibrant Social Media community that will lead to organic growth in customers and promote our brand, measured by the growth of reach, follow and engagement on each of our social media platforms as well as each platform’s contribution to the creation of high-quality customer leads.
Scope of Work:
· Developing social media content plans that are consistent with the company’s brand identity by conceptualizing and staging community stories and translating the same into viral social media campaigns.
· Running the company social media advertising, by formulating high-quality and consistent, meaningful content on all social media platforms, by writing and editing social media posts, improving customer engagement, and promoting social media campaigns.
· Liaise closely with the events, content and digital marketing functions to design and measure impactful content differentiated for each social media platform and linked directly into the Marketing team’s overall lead generation strategy.
· Building a social media presence by maintaining a solid online presence.
· Research audience preferences and keep abreast of the latest social media best practices and technologies.
· Communicating with social media followers, including responding immediately to queries and engaging with disaffected customers in partnership with the Academic services team.
· Developing and managing social influencer programs and attending social influencer events.
· Monitoring the company’s brand on social media using analytical tools to monitor and evaluate the company’s social media presence and performance.
· Preparing reports on social media marketing efforts while suggesting recommendations to adjust the social media marketing strategy for optimal results.
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or a related field.
· 3 or more years of social media experience including planning and managing content in a corporate or agency setting.
· Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Yahoo, Google+ and other social media best practices.
· Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics.
· Experience in carrying out audience and buyer persona research.
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and must have a thorough understanding of social media management and strategy.
· Proven ability to build social media communities.
· Ability to measure the success of campaigns.
· Ability to work independently in a demanding corporate setting
Multimedia Designer (Graphic Design and Motion Graphics)
The Multimedia Designer supports the Group Communications and Outreach Team in creating, repurposing and editing a range of content, bringing them to life and delivering high quality and innovative motion graphic content, that seamlessly integrate with both marketing collateral and e-learning solutions.
You will be an integral part of every stage in the creative process, from conceptualization through to client review and approval, and will use your skills and creativity to engage and inform our audiences using information graphics, data visualizations, motion graphics and multimedia storytelling.
Secondary duties will include ideating concepts, executing video and photo editing, motion graphics and animation, storyboard development, post production editing and final production, delivery and back-up storage.
This is a role for a creative individual with excellent aesthetic judgment and willingness to collaborate within a team environment to ensure effective integration of graphics and design elements in the broader conceptualization and planning of communication interventions.
Scope of work:
1. Graphic Design and Motion Graphics (70%)
· Design and produce material for print, electronic and digital platforms and motion graphics, from concept through to final proof.
· Managing the production, editing and archiving of media contents for referral and easy retrieval.
· Develop scripts and storyboards as per business briefs.
2. Video and photography (30%)
· Support all Group departments through video production, photography and special event coverage.
· Contribute to and supplement video content for all videos and multimedia productions.
· Setup and operate equipment to capture video and audio. Perform illustration/animation functions supporting overall video production.
3. Event Audio / Visual
· Support all internal event and conference A/V needs through idea development, determining need and planning.
· Degree/ Diploma in Graphic Design or Motion Graphics with at least 3 years’ graphic design experience including video production
· Strong knowledge of graphics producing software including but not limited to Adobe After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, including a variety of 3rd party motion graphic plugins.
· Experience with 3D motion graphics preferred
· Strong knowledge of editing software including Cinema 4D, Premiere, Final Cut Pro and Flash
· Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines under direct supervision and independently
· Effective and consistent communication with colleagues and vendors
· Commitment to highest production quality on all projects
· Open to learning, dedicated to improving, committed to excellence
· Previous work experience in a corporate environment preferred
· Strong written and verbal skills.
Events & Outreach Associate
The Events & Outreach Associate in the Commercial Department coordinates and monitors various public relations activities, lead the implementation and delivery of the current outreach portfolio by planning, developing, and delivering successful events to promote brand visibility and customer delight.
The role straddles the Africa Digital Media Group (Institute, Foundation and Studios).
Success in this position entail delivery of all project plans, timelines, and supplier briefs.
Including supplier search, appointment, negotiation and management to ensure we remain on brief, within budget and produce an exceptional event.
This includes but is not limited to venue, event / production company, caterers, entertainment, PR company, printers, designers etc.
Scope of Work
· Interface with suppliers, including writers, graphic designers, animators, event planners, etc.
· Create and oversee all event calendars and checklists for marketing events.
· Coordinate all on-site and off-site events including but not limited to Academic events, Off-campus events, Expos and exhibitions, Partner events, launches and conferences, Master classes, workshops and bootcamps, Community outreach to audiences in Uganda, Rwanda and Tanzania
· Provide logistical and content support for conferences and media appearances for all team members.
· Serve as main liaison for media coverage and external PR agencies.
· Represent the Company at industry events, in Kenya and globally.
· Backstop sales team in all respects including campus tours, off-site expos and on-site promotion
· Plan and implement public relations outreach with an emphasis on mainstream media
· Work with the marketing team to deliver event collateral that forms part of the year’s messaging campaign across all mediums (print, digital, oral), and manage the print process locally.
· Design, resource, execute and speak at career mentorship events for high schools and colleges
· Ensure continuous improvements of events/ processes are undertaken and necessary remedial actions are introduced as effectively as possible.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Experience in working with event planning within timeline and budget constraints
· Excellent digital communications
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to multitask various duties
· Ability to work independently and within teams in a demanding corporate setting
At ADMI, you too can turn your passion into a profession!
To apply, please send a cover letter, and updated CV to email@example.com