Position Title: Finance Officer
Contract Term: Full-time, 1-year contract with possibility for extension
Background: Windle International Kenya (WIK) is a humanitarian education organization providing education to refugees and needy Kenyans. WIK was founded in 1977 with the belief that a good education was essential if Africa was to meet the challenges it faced. We are working with communities in Dadaab, Fafi, Wajir South, Turkana West, Dadaab Refugee Camp, Kakuma Refugee Camp and Kalobeyei Settlement on education projects.
Windle International Kenya is seeking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Finance Officer.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The Finance Officer (FO) is responsible for the provision of the support services and the full spectrum of financial management and accounting.
The FO will provide multi-faceted services in finance, administration, procurement, and logistics requirements.
The key responsibilities include:
· Ensuring financial systems and procedures are in place and followed in accordance with internal policies
· Consolidation of accounts and preparation of financial reports
· Timely update of financial records and the general ledger and budget tracking
· Preparing payment vouchers and assist in preparation of financial reports
· Ensuring clear internal audit trails, external audit support,
· Actively involved in budgeting and development of accounting systems and procedures
· Safe custody of all financial data
· A Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting/Finance option) or Bachelor of Business Administration from a recognized university
· A holder of CPA (K) or ACCA
· Three years’ financial experience
· Must be a member of a professional body (ICPAK/ACCA) and of good standing
· Knowledge of QuickBooks is a must
· Advanced knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel software
· Good interpersonal skills
· High levels of integrity, patience, cross cultural sensitivity and adaptability
· Strong analytical skills with ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your application through our recruitment portal http://uat.erecruitmentwik.org/
Deadline for applications is Friday 13th December 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Windle International – Kenya selection processes reflect our commitment to equal opportunity regardless of one’s gender, disability, religion or ethnic affiliation.
We work in schools and are committed to safeguard children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.