Job Title: Call Center Officer – Debt Collection
Function / Department: Call Center
Reports To: Team Manager
Remuneration: Commission based
Our Client is a leading Credit Management Firm in Kenya and the larger East African region.
They seek to hire a Customer Service Officer to ensure timely collection of outstanding debts as per agreed terms and limits.
· Perform various duties on assigned accounts such as recording, verification and validation of customer’s details as received from Clients.
· Advise customer on ways of clearing their debts while communicating with them on the importance of paying their debts and consequences of non-payment.
· Act as a mediator for disputes between customers and principals/Clients
· Locate and notify customers on defaulted accounts by mail, telephone, or scheduled visits in order to ask for payments
· Deliberate with customers by telephone or in-person to determine reasons for overdue payments and to review the credit terms for easier settlement of debts.
· Initiate the clearance process on cleared debts once you receive payment proof and have the same uploaded by the relevant department.
· Provide customers with their correct account details e.g. balances, account numbers etc.
· Maintaining data integrity and keep customer details confidential.
· Attend to customers during scheduled/unscheduled meetings.
· Record information about the financial status of customers and status of collection efforts in the company’s system.
· Respond to all correspondences e.g. e-mail, telephone, postal mail.
· Organize, manage and implement the most suitable debt recovery method and techniques. Negotiate credit extensions if and when required.
· Preparation of reports as required.
· Possession of a Diploma in any field from a recognized institution with at least 1-2 years’ experience in Collection/Credit or Sales and Marketing environment (Diploma (Banking/Credit management background will have an added advantage)
· Strong analytical power, good problem-solving skills and ability to work under immense pressure.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills to manage stakeholders. ·
· Fluency in both spoken and written English is a must. ·
· Computer literate & English proficiency.
How to Apply
Please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Call Centre Officer) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 14th December 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.