Hi...struggling for life solutions? Contact Mugwenu Doctors. They use local herbs and strong spiritual powers to heal, solve problems, diseases like hbp, diabetes, weak penis, love, family problems, hardship in business, increase luck i.e tenders, promotion, evil spirits, bad dreams. Call +254740637248 or go to
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Internal / External Vacancy Announcement
Vacancy Notice No. IVN/EVN/NBI/19/02
Title of Post: Assistant Finance Officer
Category / Grade: National Officer, NOA
Post Number: 10025294
Type of contract: Fixed-term Appointment
Location: Nairobi Support Office for Somalia
Date of Issue: 27th November 2019
Effective date of assignment: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 10th December 2019
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships: Assistant Finance Officer positions provide technical support with the processing of financial transactions and monitor compliance with UNHCR and UN Financial Regulations and Rules.
In operations that do not have a Project Control Officer and are not covered by a Regional Project Control Officer, the Assistant Finance Officer must also perform oversight responsibilities with regard to the execution of projects.
The incumbent directly supervises general service staff.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks.
In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
· UNHCR’s financial rules and regulations, policies and procedures are adhered to by the office.
· UNHCR’s local cash is safeguarded.
· Monthly accounts are correct and approved.
· Management is promptly informed of major variances in the execution of projects (budgets, finance, implementation or timeframe).
· Contribute to the assessment of budgetary needs for administrative budgets (ABOD); monitor and control ABOD expenditure in the office.
· Analyze, evaluate and control disbursements/receipts, as well as expenditure variances against approved budgets.
· Review vouchers, including ABOD and project disbursements.
· Propose monthly cash requirements for the office, and ensure adequate and timely replenishments of funds;
· Contribute to the preparation and processing of monthly accounts.
· Provide financial status reports to supervisors.
· Analyze and evaluate all financial reports produced on a regular basis.
· Maintain effective business relationships with local banks.
· Support ensuring compliance with UNHCR and UN Financial Regulations and Rules, policies and procedures.
· Ensure that payments are effectuated by the monthly deadline.
· Ensure that monthly accounts are correct and approved, and ensure timely monthly bank reconciliations, including open items, review and clearance of unwanted requisitions and PO balances.
· Conduct regular checks of petty cash and cash accounts.
· Verify that all financial transactions are correct and in accordance with UNHCR rules and procedures.
· Prepare office-level financial expenditure reports submitted to the regional office or Headquarters.
· Approve vouchers, including ABOD and project disbursements.
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience Required:
· Undergraduate degree (equivalent of a BA/BS) in Accounting, Finance, or Public or Business Administration, Economics or related field, OR undergraduate degree in another field combined with a professional qualification in accounting or finance (CPA/CIA or equivalent) plus minimum one year of previous job experience in the field of accounting or finance. Graduate degree (equivalent of a Master’s) or Doctorate degree (equivalent of a PhD) may also be accepted.
· Excellent computer skills, in particular in MS Office applications.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
*** For National Officer positions, very good knowledge of local language and local institutions is essential.
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies:
· Professional qualification in accounting or finance (CPA/CIA or equivalent).
· Working experience of at least one year in an intergovernmental organization (United Nations or similar).
· Good knowledge of United Nations financial rules and procedures.
· Good understanding of accrual accounting (such as IPSAS or IFRS).
· Working experience with PeopleSoft/Oracle Financial modules.
· Knowledge of additional UN languages.
· Organizational Awareness
· Teamwork & Collaboration
· Commitment to Continuous Learning
· Client & Result Orientation
· Managing Performance
· Judgment and Decision Making
· Managing Resources
· Analytical Thinking
· Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
· Political Awareness
Eligibility: Candidates must be Kenyan nationals.
Internal candidates: Interested current staff members should consult the Policy and Procedures on Assignments of Locally recruited Staff (PPAL). If you have questions regarding your eligibility, you may also contact the HR Unit.
External candidates: External candidates must meet the essential minimum requirements of the position.
Remuneration: A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: http://icsc.un.org
Submission of Applications:
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your letter of motivation and signed Personal History Form by e-mail clearly stating the position title, vacancy notice number in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the 10th December 2019.
The Personal History Form and its supplementary sheet is attached and also available at the following link: http://www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc
No late applications will be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a written test and/or oral interview.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing or any other fees).
UNHCR strongly encourages qualified female applicants for this position.
UNHCR seeks to ensure that male and female employees are given equal career opportunities.
UNHCR is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Refugees – who cares? We Do.