One Acre Fund
Retail Administrative Assistant
About One Acre Fund: Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive.
We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests.
We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly.
We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
Job Description: One Acre Fund is establishing a number of rural retail outlets over the coming months.
This role will be vital in the success of this exciting new avenue.
As One Acre Fund’s Rural Retail Administration Assistant in Kenya, you will work closely with all members of the Rural Retail Department to assist in the smooth running of their daily work, through excellent filing, clear and timely communication with both internal and external parties as well as being responsible for keeping workload trackers updated.
· Be responsible for keeping departmental workload tracker documents up to date;
· Provide clear and timely communication to maintenance clients;
· Keep all project filing systems up to date;
· Liaise with team members to ensure the smooth flow of information;
· Perform additional tasks as requested by the manager as needed.
Career Growth and Development
· We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people.
· You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
· We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals.
· You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking 1 exceptional professionals with 2 years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission.
Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
· Excellent Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word skills as well as a good level of general computer literacy;
· Strong written and oral communicator;
· Good organizational skills with attention to detail;
· Strong collaborative nature with a commitment to teamwork;
· Proven ability to meet targets;
· Fluent in English and Kiswahili;
· A logical mind with the capacity to overcome difficult problems creatively;
· A strong sense of ethics, honesty and integrity.;
· Ability to work under pressure, producing quality work with little supervision;
· Preference for a Diploma from a recognised academic institution;
· Minimum C+ in KCSE or Equivalent preferred.
Preferred Start Date
· As soon as possible
Job Location: Kakamega, Kenya
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Duration: Full-time job
Benefits: Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates: No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 17th December 2019
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.