Job Ref: HR: KP1/5B.2/3/954
• Craft Certificate in Electrical from KNEC or other comparable examining institutions
• KCSE D+ (plus)
• Valid police clearance certificate
• Motor cycle riding license
Job Ref: HR: KP1/5B.2/3/955
• Diploma in Electrical from KNEC or other comparable examining institutions
• KCSE C- (minus) • Valid police clearance certificate
• Motor cycle riding license will be an added advantage
• 2 years’ experience
General Manager (Supply Chain)
General Manager, Supply Chain (Job Ref. KPLC/GMSC/01/2019)
Reporting to the Managing Director & CEO, the General Manager, Supply Chain will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies for effective supply chain management.
· Coordinating development of annual procurement plans aligned to financial resources and the Corporate business plan;
· Ensuring compliance with Public Procurement & Disposal Regulations;
· Effectively managing Supply Contracts to ensure adequate material availability and safeguarding Company interests;
· Formulating and implementing strategies on stores and warehousing management;
· Ensuring delivery of quality materials and services to support business operations;
· Managing the disposal of obsolete stock and other assets;
· Developing strategies to ensure efficient distribution of stock in all Company stores;
· Implementing mechanisms for material requirements planning and availability; and
· Continuously reviewing the supply chain operations to safeguard Company interests and value for money.
We are looking for a candidate with a Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supplies, or any other relevant field from a recognised university with not less than 12 years relevant work experience with 5 years in senior management; possess a Post Graduate Diploma in Procurement and Supplies and be a member of recognised Purchasing and Supplies Professional Body with a valid practicing certificate and be of good standing. A master’s degree in a relevant field and a Certification in Corporate Governance and /or Leadership from a recognised institution will be an added advantage.
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including: Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations; Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board; Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority; Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
If you believe you possess and can clearly demonstrate your ability in the required relevant criteria for any of the roles above, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
These appointments are on contractual terms for a period of four (4) years and renewable for further four (4) year term (s) based on performance and business requirements.
For the full details about this position and how to apply, kindly log onto our e-recruitment platform via https://www2.deloitte.com/ke/en/careers/executive-search-recruitment.html
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted. Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered.
To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 12 November 2019 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Kenya Power and Lighting Company is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
For more details on Kenya Power, please log on to https://www.kplc.co.ke
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted. All applications MUST be submitted through the e-recruitment portal to be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted