Corporate Security Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 3 years
Job Field: Security / Intelligence
British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for a Corporate Security Manager to join our team in Nairobi.
· Provision of a first-class business security management function and the development and maintenance of internal and external relationships to support the process.
· Responsible for the maintenance of all records and processes related to Business Continuity Planning and Crisis Management.
· Responsible for facilitating testing and training staff in Business Continuity Planning and plans.
· Responsible for the maintenance of all records and processes related to Information Security and Information Security Awareness.
· Compile accurate and timely data for the audit reporting process relating to security and Risk Management, focussing on criminal loss and natural disaster data.
· Represent Risk & Security within cross functional project teams as required
· Lead for the development of Risk and Security budgets; oversee spend and prepare routine budget reports as required by the business.
· Management of functional contracts with external service providers
· Provide all business support functions to Risk and Security
· Supports East Africa Markets (EAM) Security Manager when and if required
· Supports Investigations & Threat manager in conducting investigations and monitoring risks & threats in the Area
· In accordance with Group Global standards, develop, execute and update Information Security Strategy, standards and processes, including tools, documents and training.
· Develop and deliver a consistent and efficient incident and loss reporting process.
· Provide adequate support in the execution of contingency plans for management of crisis within the responsibility of security and beyond where possible for continuity of business.
· Leverage understanding and support of stakeholders (internal and external) to support better-informed decisions in addressing security concerns and issues effectively.
· Support effectiveness and efficiency of the security budget and other security related costs.
· Liaise with internal stakeholders on projects and provide security input.
· Support security managers in the formulation, proposal, implementation and revision when necessary, of Company and BATSA security, EHS and other policy.
· Inter-functional: Constant liaison with Functions directly and indirectly involved in Security projects and other projects requiring security input to enable and ensure business excellence.
· Inter-departmental: Ensure close coordination with EHS, Budget, Fleet managers etc in order to deliver cost efficient, resilient and effective service covering business, legal and statutory requirements.
· Continually seek opportunities for innovation to increase efficiency in security systems, processes and measures.
· Identify and exploit security trends and developments to capitalise security in a cost-effective way.
Knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications:
· Relevant +3 years work experience with preferably a qualification in Risk Management or related areas.
· Experience in development and deployment of functional strategies, policies and standards.
· Sound analytical skills in risk and crisis management as well as business continuity planning and Information Security.
· Extensive experience in project and programme management.
· A high level of communications skills with ability to explain and defend difficult issues with respect to key decisions and complex concepts.
· Good interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively and to lead and harness the performance of Security Managers.
· Self-motivated, enthusiastic and competent and also be capable of coaching and training other staff.
· Preferably at least 3 years of experience in conducting basic investigations
How to Apply
Assistant Legal Counsel
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Law / Legal
Appointment Type: Permanent
British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Legal Counsel to join our team in Nairobi.
The Role reports to the Legal Counsel responsible for managing Marketing and Regulations across ECAA, although will be expect also to support the Legal Counsel responsible for managing Litigation, Tax, Trade and IP. The role involves responsibility for supporting his/her line managers in advising the business on all legal matters pertaining to litigation, tax, trade and Intellectual Property, regulations and marketing
· Support the delivery of an effective litigation strategy for managing and reporting all ongoing and potential litigations to senior management and/or external regulatory bodies, as appropriate.
· Support the proactive management of litigation risks in all BAT ECAA entities including by conducting employee trainings and sensitisation programmes, review of relevant company documentation including contracts, processes, standard letters, etc.
· Regularly monitor key developments in the litigation arena, particularly regarding issues that would could directly impact BAT’s operations in the different ECAA markets.
· Support the business’ anti-illicit trade (AIT) plans and activities by reviewing them for compliance with the relevant local laws and BAT policies as well as supporting any proactive review of existing or proposed laws.
· Support the management of BAT’s Intellectual Property portfolio in the respective ECAA markets including by ensuring timely registration or renewal of trademarks and through assisting with the management of any related disputes or litigations.
· Assist with the review of regulatory developments and the compliance of the ECAA markets’ marketing materials with local legislation
· Manage and ensure timely reporting within the BAT Group and externally on all matters pertaining to ECAA litigation, AIT and Intellectual Property.
· Participate and contribute to cross functional business projects and initiatives to assess, monitor and anticipate potential threats to minimize legal risks and ensure achievement of business objectives.
· Execute relevant administrative activities in the LEX Function to ensure the availability of resources, continuous flow of information and updated records.
· Identify and take steps in conjunction with line manager to proactively mitigate and manage any commercial, litigation and reputational risks.
· Develop, train and promote better understanding by ECAA employees and other relevant persons of applicable internal policies & controls and compliance with relevant local laws.
· Support, implement and deliver the strategic plans and objectives of the Legal sub-function in line with the business strategy.
· Continually optimise and build improved systems and processes to proactively manage the BAT’s litigation risk and to drive efficiency and reduce costs.
· Strong candidates should be able to demonstrate resilience, energy, ambition and an ability to multi-task
· A recognized legal qualification through a reputable academic institution and competence in providing legal advice to internal stakeholders. Experience in handling commercial litigation and arbitration matters is an added advantage.
· At least 3-4 years’ experience in a private legal practice at the level of Associate.
· Sound knowledge of litigation and intellectual property procedures & practices, relevant regulatory requirements as well as emerging trends and issues.
· Strong negotiation, written and verbal skills.
· Ability to apply strong strategic, analytical skills and good judgment.
· Collaborative team player with strong negotiation, communication and dispute resolution skills.
How to Apply
Marketing Security Manager
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.
Marketing Security Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 5 – 10 years
Job Field: Sales / Marketing
British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Security Manager to join our team in Nairobi.
Our new colleague will identify, assess and analyse risks to BAT staff and assets in East African Markets through an extended information network. Support BAT Field and end market teams with security inductions, information and visit security plans when required. Ensure that threat environment and security risk related events are monitored and assessed (including before Geographical expansions), with the relevant stakeholders being advised of changes in risk indicators, including functional support to “at risk” elements of business processes within the business units and end markets. Provide consistency and coordination of country threat assessment, security risk assessment, crisis management and business continuity planning at Cluster and country levels. Support investigations and routine security support to the business. The overarching purpose is to provide a co-ordinated and comprehensive threat-driven security risk management service of the highest quality for the East Africa Markets, ensuring that risks to company personnel, assets and business operations/activities are properly identified, evaluated and countered in a timely and cost effective manner.
· Set up a reliable information network mixing BAT service providers with multiple external sources
· Manage 3rd party security information support pool for improved threat assessment
· Identify all business risks across the BAT East Africa Markets by conducting Business Impact Analysis
· In coordination with Cluster and Country Managers, propose cost effective measures to mitigate such risks.
· Ensure the embedding of the Security Risk Management Model across BAT EAM markets
· Facilitates the Business Continuity Management process for East Africa Markets
· Focus on key high risks markets and provide specific support during crisis (election periods for instance)
· Set up pragmatic Security BCP’s for political and civil unrest including evacuation planning for instable countries
· Responsible for the Management of Security service providers at end markets and ensuring that required services are provided and delivered in full and on time
· Upon request support Investigations Manager in carrying out objective enquiry / investigation into all reported cases or incident, breaches by determining facts, understanding vulnerability and drawing appropriate supportable conclusions to make recommendations
· Conduct a Quality Assurance and Quality Control program with Cluster and Country managers to assess security service providers and prepare tenders if required
· Contribute to the development, submission and management of Security Budget
· Regular engagements with security service providers, government security agency personnel, professional security bodies, security managers of other corporate organizations and diplomatic security personnel
· Develop close working relationships with personnel responsible for risk mitigation plans, fraud investigations and key control issues.
· Develop effective relationships with external suppliers.
· Liaise with the senior security, risk and crisis managers of other multinational companies for knowledge and information sharing and mutually beneficial cooperation and benchmarking.
· Good knowledge in understanding potential threats to BAT Business across EAM
· Clear and compelling written and verbal communication skills including ability to write concise reports
· Understand and analyse developing situations, drawing probable conclusions and making recommendations to sustain business while mitigating risks
· Ability to multi task and support other managers
· Sound and mature judgement as well as decision making ability during crisis situations
· 5-10 years of security management experience in a commercial setup.
How to Apply