Job Title: ECDE / P1 Teachers
Gross Salary: Competitive based in experience and qualifications
Location: Thindigua, Kiambu County
Start Date: Immediately
Our client is an established kindergarten based in Kiambu county.
They are looking to hire an ECDE / P1 teachers to manage the classroom teaching and learning activities on a daily basis, perform all the duties of a class teacher, provide feedback on the academic, social behavior progress for each child and maintain all the necessary class records for each student.
· Developing lesson plans and instructional materials and providing individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
· Uses a variety of instruction strategies, such as inquiry, group discussion, lecture, discovery to implement the curriculum effectively
· Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
· Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
· Evaluates students’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
· Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss students’ progress and interpret the school program.
· Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
· Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
· Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by professional growth activities.
· Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
· Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
· Administers group standardized tests in accordance with school and national testing program.
· Participates in curriculum development programs as required.
· Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities
· Diploma in ECDE/Primary Teacher Certificate (P1). A Bachelor’s degree in Education is an added advantage
· Minimum of 3 years’ teaching experience from a high performing educational institution. Experience in handling children aged 4 -12.
· Excellent IT, interpersonal and communication skills
· Self-motivated, energetic person
· Must be a performer and provide proof of the same.
· Must be willing to stretch and meet deadlines and targets.
· Knowledge of both the CBC Curriculum and 8.4.4 will be an added advantage
· Patient and understanding.
· Must have a passion and desire to teach.
· Must be registered by TSC
How to Apply
Please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (ECDE / P1 TEACHERS) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 11th December 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.