The Kisumu County Assembly Service Board invites applications from suitably qualified Kenyan citizens to fill the following vacant position:
RESEARCH OFFICER II (KSM CASB 8) JOB GROUP L -ONE POSITION (CONTRACTUAL)
The office holder shall work directly under and report to the Principal Legal Officer
· Provision of non-partisan professional research assistance and analysis to members of committees and staff of the assembly;
· Initiating and conducting participatory research and analysis on key policy issues;
· Providing expert interpretation, explanation and analysis, including assessing the strength and weaknesses of policy options;
· Maintaining a periodically updated inventory of publications on current issues, legalization and major public policy issues/questions;
· Ensuring quality control in preparation of research papers, briefing notes and particular points of view and providing back up to County Assembly committees
· Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Geography, economics, mathematics, social research or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
· Secondary Certificate mean grade C +(Plus)
· Thorough knowledge and understanding of the concepts and techniques of professional research , with particular emphasis on public policy analysis, and an ability to write, edit in a clear, concise and understandable manner;
· Numeracy and confidence in using statistical techniques and computer based programs;
· Strong analytical skills;
· Accuracy and attention to details
Salary and Remuneration
Kshs. 41,770×1,910-43,680×2,000-45,680×2,100-47,780×2,170- 49,950×2,550-52,500×2,650-55,150×2,750-57,900pm
How to Apply
All interested applicants MUST obtain and submit the following valid documents;
· Curriculum Vitae,
· Certified copies of relevant Academic and Professional Certificates,
· National Identity Card or Passport
· Observe Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010;
· Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority; ( KRA),
· Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board; (HELB),
· Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; (EACC),
· Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal investigation Department; (CID);
· Clearance Certificate from a recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
All applications should clearly be marked to; The Chairman,
County Assembly Service Board, Kisumu County Assembly,
P.O. Box 86 – 40100, Kisumu.
and be hand delivered to the office of the speaker/chairman of the County Assembly Service Board located at the Assembly building Kisumu, so as to reach him not later than Tuesday 10th December 2019 at 5.00pm.
Note: The County Assembly is an equal opportunity Employer; canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted