Our client is a not-for-profit wildlife conservancy in Laikipia County. The Conservancy works to conserve wildlife, provide a sanctuary for great apes and to generate income through wildlife tourism and complementary enterprises for re-investment in conservation and community development.
The conservancy is looking to fill the following vacancy: Payroll Accountant
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of payroll reports, responding to inquiries and/or requests for data and ensuring timely and accurate payroll production in line with set timelines, policies and standards procedures.
· Preparing, analyzing and implementing payroll transactions in a timely manner.
· Confirming manual attendance register reconciles.
· Periodic physical counts/audit at the plants and reporting any variances to the superior.
· Preparing and analyzing periodic payroll reports, schedules and payroll related journal entries.
· Analyzing payroll reports, statements, records and making recommendations to improve payroll process.
· Preparing and reviewing the accuracy of payroll related journal entries and performing account reconciliation.
· Preparation of Annual audit.
· Preparing and reconciling statutory statements e.g. PAYE, NSSF and NHIF .
· Preparing monthly payroll summary for the organization and submission to CFO.
· Reconciling signed working payroll sheets with monthly payroll summary and maintaining a proficient filing system for all payroll documents.
· Any other duty given by the supervisor as and when required.
The job holder should have the following qualifications:
· Must have a Bachelor of Commerce (B. Com) Degree or related field / Professional accounting qualification i.e. CPA (K) or ACCA
· Proficiency in Sunsystems and paymaster will be an added advantage.
· Must have above 3 years’ experience in a busy working environment in a similar position
· We are looking for a person with Good understanding of IFRS, local tax regulations and statutory financial accounting and reporting
· He/she Must be detailed oriented and possess good communication skills.
· Must have Good knowledge of relevant accounting systems and reporting tools.
WHAT THE CLIENT IS OFFERING THE RIGHT PERSON
The client is ready to negotiate the right package for the best person based on agreeable business targets.
How To Apply
Send CV only to email@example.com by 26th November 2019 strictly with the job title on the subject line. However applications will be reviewed as they are received and qualified candidates called for interview as soon as their CV’s are received.
Candidates who do not hear from us by this date should consider their applications unsuccessful