The Public Procurement Regulatory Authority (PPRA) is established under the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015. The Authority’s mission is ‘To regulate the public procurement and asset disposal system through monitoring and enforcement for socio-economic development in Kenya.’ Towards this end, the Authority is seeking to recruit results oriented professionals to fill the following vacant position;
MANAGER, INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY, JOB GRADE PPRA 3 (1 POSITION)
REF.: ICT/3/2019 (1 POST)
Reporting to the Director General the successful candidate shall be responsible for the overall strategic direction in the planning, implementation and support of the information and communication technology systems. These will include business applications, operating systems, business tools, internet and extranet to support the Authority’s business strategies.
The key result areas include and performance indicators include:
KRA 1: ICT SYSTEMS
· SYSTEMS: Guide staff to carry out ICT systems analysis and design to suit PPRA needs
· PROGRAMS: Ensure that staff write and test ICT programs according to identified needs
KRA 2: ICT APPLICATIONS
· IMPLEMENTATION: Initiate measures to develop and update ICT application systems
· USER SUPPORT: Guide staff to customize computer programs to the various needs of users within PPRA
· TRAINING: Initiate the necessary schemes to train users on the ICT applications
KRA 3: INFRASTRUCTURE
· EVALUATION: Design programs to evaluate and recommend on suitability of ICT
· INSTALLATION: Ensure that staff install ICT equipment and peripherals in order for them to operate together as a system
· CONFIGURATION: Co-ordinate staff to harmonize all the equipment in the ICT system to operate in tandem
KRA 4: MAINTENANCE
· DIAGNOSIS: Guide staff to detect and act on faults on ICT equipment/systems.
· REPAIR: Administer the fixing or rectification of faulty equipment/systems.
The successful candidate will developing and install appropriate standards of performance including the following systems and facilities:
· BACK-UPS : Alternative data storage facilities for fall-back
· SYSTEMS UPDATING: Updating facilities for ICT
· MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE : Time-table for repair/maintenance of ICT systems
· ICT MANUAL : Guide for users on various ICT applications
· ICT POLICY : Regulations on the use of ICT facilities
· ICT SECURITY : Measures to ensure protection of ICT systems
The ideal job holder shall have:
· At least nine (9) years relevant experience in information communications technology or a related field;
· Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: computer science; computer technology; informatics; computer science and technology; Information systems, informatics and computer science, information technology, computer security and forensics, business information technology, electrical/electronic engineering, telecommunications engineering or its equivalents from a recognized institution;
· Master’s degree in any of the following fields: computer science, information systems, information technology, business information technology or any other ICT equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
· Professional ICT certificates from a reputable institution in a relevant area such as system or database management, information security, network administration, service support operations, system administration or software development;
SENIOR RECORDS MANAGEMENT OFFICER, JOB GRADE PPRA 5, REF.: RMO/5/2019 (1 POSITION)
Duties and responsibilities will include assisting the manager responsible for monitoring, evaluation, research, reporting and advisory services (MERRAS) in developing, implementing and reviewing records management policy and procedures; retention; disposal schedules; file classification system; management of mails external; ensure safe custody of records and documents; liaise with the Kenya National Archives and Documentation Services on relevant matters ; initiating, developing and implementing infrastructure for electronic records management; preparation.
In addition, duties will entail developing, implementing and reviewing knowledge management policies and framework; promoting knowledge sharing through the organization’s operational business processes and systems; promoting public access to procurement information by developing dissemination and advocacy strategies; and preparing the units budgets, monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the records management unit.
KRA 1: Mail
· INCOMING: Receive record, classify, and distribute incoming correspondences for necessary action
· OUTGOING: Record and dispatch outgoing correspondences to respective destinations.
KRA 2: Filing
· UPDATING: Sort, classify and store documents securely in appropriate facilities – folders, shelves, cabinets and racks
· RETRIEVAL: Avail filed documents upon demand as necessary
KRA 3: Custody
· DOCUMENTATION: Maintain/update the various catalogues, inventories, and indexes of
· SECURITY: Protect document from unauthorized access, theft, damage, falsification and disappearance
KRA 4: Disposal
· ARCHIVING: Remove, sort, classify and put inactive/dead records in archive for historical purposes
· DESTRUCTION: Dispose of inactive/dead records of little historical significance
The successful candidate will develop and install appropriate standards of performance including the following systems:
· DOCUMENTS REGISTER: For recording movement of mail
· INDEXING SYSTEM: For classification of documents for filing and retrieval
· DOCUMENTS CUSTODY FACILITIES: Cabinets – lockable and fire-resistant
· DISPOSAL POLICY: Regulations governing retention, archiving and disposal of documents
· The ideal job holder shall have at least six (6) years relevant experience in records management or in a related field
· A bachelor’s degree in Information Sciences or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
· In addition, the candidate shall be computer proficient.
How to Apply
Each application should be accompanied by a copy of the National Identity Card/Passport, PPRA Formal Application Form and attach copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, testimonials and any other relevant supporting documents. b) All applications should be clearly marked “Application for (indicate the position applied for)’’, on the envelope and submitted on or before 16th December, 2019 in any ONE of the following ways:
i)Hand delivered applications should be taken to the reception desk on 11th floor, National Bank Building, Harambee Avenue, Nairobi.
ii)Posted applications should be addressed to:
Public Procurement Regulatory Authority
11th Floor, National Bank Building
P. O. Box 58535-00200,
If you have the required qualifications, please submit your detailed application to the address above by 5.00 p.m. on 16th December, 2019 quoting on the top of the envelope the job reference title for the position you are applying for.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates are advised that any form of canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.
PPRA is an equal opportunity employer and all Kenyans in their diversity, including youth, women and persons with disability, are encouraged to apply.