Quality Assurance Manager
IT Quality Assurance unit is mandated to develop and establish quality assurance, policies, standards and measures for the information technology services within the organization.
The Quality Assurance Manager will perform quality reviews on business requirements, develop standardized testing methods and strategies, lead in the execution of functional and non-functional tests and implementing quality testing and reporting processes in order to track and ensure adherence to quality software development process and products.
· Champion and coordinate business requirements reviews across functional teams and ensure that the business requirements are complete, precise and testable.
· Works with project team to define and create overall project test strategy/test plan, test schedules or strategies and identifies test resources, estimates test effort in accordance with project scope or delivery dates and ensures that the test strategy is achieved.
· Develop, document and maintain functional and non-functional test cases, test scripts and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
· Works collaboratively with the business units and project teams to execute and validate test cases based upon business requirements and ensures that the test cases are traceable to the requirements.
· In collaboration with GEA and other critical stakeholders, tune the SQC processes, adopt tools and define re-usable templates in-line with the adoption and maturity of the SQA Framework.
· Define test process including required test activities and deliverables, conduct Test Readiness Assessment, establish test beds and ensure that test beds are available for all planned white box and black box testing activities.
· Engages, champions and collaborates with technical teams/personnel in non-functional; testing including integration, regression, load, performance, security and usability testing.
· Prepare, share and review test results periodically, report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues and interoperability flaws and develop test acceptance reports for projects and software changes.
· Works with business units to perform post deployment sanity and regression tests and post-implementation review within defined period to confirm that the deployed solution works as per the business requirements.
· Participates in formulation and implementation of software process improvement policies and strategies for the division.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a related field of study.
· Professional Qualifications such as ITIL Foundation or ISTQB Foundation or TOGAF is required.
· 7 years progressive experience in Information Technology with focus on Business Analysis, Software Development, Quality Assurance.
· Experience in at least two IT disciplines such as application development, middle ware, SOA and Software Quality Assurance.
· Experience in operating systems (Windows, Unix).
· Experience in Database management systems.
· Prior working experience Software Quality Assurance.
· Exposure to Software Testing Automation.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
· Excellent planning and organizational skills with ability to breakdown complex items to manageable components.
· Ability to liaise with all levels of management and subject matter experts across the industry and within the organization.
Chief of Party
KCB Foundation was established in 2007 to implement the KCB Bank Group’s Corporate Social Responsibility programs and as a sign of commitment to sustainable development to alleviate poverty and enhance well-being.
The Chief of Party is responsible for providing leadership in project implementation and delivery of desired results in accordance with donor rules, regulations, and policies. The role holder will lead the project management team ensuring responsiveness to the donor and other stakeholders, provide high-level oversight ensuring the project resources are allocated and used effectively and in a manner that makes maximum contribution to project objectives. S/he will engage in work planning, resource allocation, granting, monitoring and evaluation, research, performance management, communication and new business case development. S/he will serve as the primary program contact to KCB Foundation Managing Director.
· In liaison with KCB Foundation Managing Director and program staff, plan, implement and monitor all aspects of the program in collaboration with technical staff, organizational partners, program partners, and short-term consultants .
· The COP will also be responsible for the management of the project and will serve as key liaison with the donor, KCB Bank Kenya and implementing partners.
· Ensure appropriate reporting, financial oversight and compliance of the project in accordance with donor rules and regulations. Ensure program partners’ compliance with donor policies on marking and branding and donor rules and regulations.
· In liaison with the Managing Director, Head of Finance and HR, ensure effective and transparent use of financial resources for timely and informative reporting in line with donor policies and procedures through collaboration with program, finance and administrative staff.
· Oversee the development and implementation of the program monitoring and evaluation plan to ensure program activities are tracked, reviewed in line with the overall goal and implementation plan and have the desired impact to achieve program goals and objectives.
· Visit assigned sites on a regular basis and oversee implementation and execution of ongoing project tasks.
· Create and sustain a work environment that promotes learning through documentation and knowledge sharing around best practices and lessons learned.
· Ensure monthly, quarterly and annual programmatic reports and information for submission to the donor.
· Effective people management ensuring highly skilled staff are recruited, properly inducted, empowered to provide leadership and decision-making within a team setting, and effectively managed to perform to a high standard and meeting their objectives.
· University degree in Business, Economics, Development Studies or related field from a recognized university.
· Master’s degree or professional qualifications in relevant field is added advantage.
· 15 years’ relevant work experience in designing, managing, monitoring and implementing capacity building projects with a proven track record.
· At least 5 years’ experience as a Chief of Party/ Program Director/ Country Manager with an international donor agency or NGO.
· International donor experience is required with significant exposure and experience leading/ managing/ monitoring projects in accordance with donor rules, regulations and guidelines.
· Excellent capacity to understand and manage complex budgets in relation to program implementation.
· Strategic thinking and planning capacity to oversee the development and implementation of functional plans and project initiatives.
· Proven multi-sectoral exposure and experience in building & managing strong client and stakeholder relationships.
· Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
· Problem analysis and resolution at functional and strategic level.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
How to Apply
The above position is demanding roles for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidates. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment Portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Thursday, 28th November 2019.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
· National I.D.
· KRA Pin Card
· Birth Certificate of self
· Passport Photo (White Background)
· NSSF Card
· NHIF Card
· Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
· Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
· Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable