Medecins Du Monde – France
Vacancy: Administrative Officer
Context of the mission: Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organisation whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
The present job description might be adapted according to the regional context and the uprising potential emergencies.
He / she will be part of the Administrative department for the MdM mission in Kenya and will take responsibility over the financial, human resources and administrative needs and activities.
· To lead, under the guide of the Log-Admin Coordinator, the effective management of finance and general administration functions in the Admin department
· Ensure the implementation of MdM and donors’ finance rules;
· Participate to the yearly budget and revised budget construction with the Log-AdminCo.
· Monitor and Follow-up of the budget (real cost analysis, budget forecast…) for the Kenya project with the support of the Log-AdminCo;
· Communicate with the team in the field on the donor allocations, budget follow up, accountancy issues and to help monitor the activities.
· Ensuring adequate controls over cash/bank management and a constant monitor in order to minimize the risk of fraud and misappropriation
· To ensure the organization meets all its commitments to the donors and be the contact person for donors in all finance related matters
· Facilitating preparation of annual financial audit in liaison with the Log-Admin Co
· Year-end returns to Ngo Board and KRA.
· Ensure the respect of accounting rule set as per MdM standards;
· Ensure the SAGA entries in the monthly ledgers and complete the month-end accountancy, as for example:
· Review and checks all receipts to ensure they will be receivable (validity, content, etc);
· Check and complete the filling/stamping of the accountancy documents;
· Producing monthly accounting documents of Kenya for the Log-Admin Co review
· Performing provisional month-end closing and producing reconciliation of the accounts in a timely manner
· Consolidate the monthly cash/fund request for the Kenya Project after discussion with the teams and sends to the Log-AdminCo
· Work closely with the Logistics Department to ensure the respect of the procurement
· Cash management and management of safe / petty cash.
· Prepare bank reconciliation after having controlled the bank balance on a monthly basis;
· Responsible and main focal point with the Bank in Nairobi
· Preparing online payments of invoices, contracts of services, purchases, statutory deductions
· Preparing instruction letters and bank transfers using the dedicated banking tool (NBO) or in liaison with our bank partners in Kenya
Human Resources / National staff follow-up
· Ensure a good understanding and application of the Human Resources policy with the support of the AdminCo;
· Supervise the individual files (employees’ personal details, leave requests, payment of salaries, account details, etc.) and guarantee the management of them in a confidential way;
· Prepare the payroll and payment of salaries and taxes, both for national and expatriate staff..
· Follows-up on any change of employment policy in the Kenyan legislation and advises the AdminCo in a timely manner;
Administration / Communication
· Communicate the different policies applicable in the office to the rest of staff and ensures they are respected;
· Assist the Log-AdminCo when necessary.
· Organize meetings and appointments
· Organize, as per request of the Log Admin Coordinator, travels of MDM staff
· Lead, under the guidance of the Log Admin Coordinator the visa/residence application procedures for the MDM expatriate staff.
Reporting and Archive:
· Produce a monthly administrative report and sends to the Log-AdminCo
· At the request of the Log-AdminCo, participate in the preparation of financial and donors’ reports.
· Filing receipts/invoices and all financial documents in an organized manner, in full visibility of Log Admin Co
· Sending accounting and related documents to the Coordination on monthly basis
· When necessary, and on behalf of the Log Admin Coordinator, liaise with donors representatives in Nairobi for administrative issues.
· When necessary, and on behalf of the Log Admin Coordinator, attend relevant meetings with donors/stakeholders
· Ensures efficient flow of information with the local Partner and with log department (MdM/local partner) prior to any implementation;
Supervisory duty: N/A
Line management: His / her manager is the Log-Admin Coordinator.
This job description may be amended in line with the activities in evolution of the Mission.
Profile of the ideal candidate
· Desirable has a Bachelor’s Degree Commerce/accounting
· Certification in Accounting CPAs
· Desirable of 1 year of practical experience in the finance and admin department in an INGO
Skills and qualities required
· Strong professional ethics;
· Experience working with institutional donors and knowledge of their rules and regulations
· Ability to synthesize and analyze information, and make clear, informed decisions
· Strong planning, management, and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
· Excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent computer skills in MS excel application software’s
· Mandatory – ability to read, write and speak in English and Swahili
· Ability to read write and speak French will be an added advantage
· Because of the emergency relief nature of MDM’s work, working hours may be irregular and employees are expected to be flexible in their approach to working hours under emergency conditions.
How to Apply
Application letter and an up-to-date CV with names and addresses of three referees and telephone contacts should be submitted electronically by 28th November 2019, 5 pm with the subject: “Application Administrative Officer Position” to firstname.lastname@example.org.