Job Title: Administrative Officer
To manage the facilities functions of the Kenya Red Cross, PNS support under the supervision of the Head of Supply Chain, as relates to office and residential accommodation, utilities and processing of Resident Permits.
· Manage facilities function for Kenya Red Cross, PNS Support ensuring cleaning services for office facilities are undertaken as well as regular inspection for repair and maintenance of office facilities.
· Processing of Resident Permits ensuring prompt and high quality service delivery.
· Ensure that all in-coming international staff are well facilitated, and that they return all equipment, assets and any other property in their possession before they are signed off.
· Ensure standardised filing and archiving system for all files relating to work permits, leases, utilities for ease of management, record keeping, timely retrieval of documents and reference.
· In conjunction with IT department, ensure proper maintenance of office equipment including photocopiers as well as the provision of office consumables.
· Maintain an up-to-date inventory of the moveable assets.
· Coordinate management of telephone lines including direct lines and mobile phones, monitoring, monthly costs and liaising with senior IT on obtaining reports.
· Coordinate Lease agreements for the houses, by keeping track of expiry dates, renewals, notice periods, payments, etc.
· Ensure that all utility bills are settled in time and that there are no service interruptions.
· Work with the Head of security to ensure proper custody of office keys and necessary duplications are being made.
· Facilitate all the PNS procurements by being their Liaison with the procurement unit to ensure timely requests and deliveries
· Keep statistics of the number, frequency and value of services rendered for cost recovery as well as information sharing.
· Facilitate processing of courier services (DHL/FedEx) and capturing the records for cost recovery.
· Carry out any other assignments that may be assigned by line Manager.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, International Relations, Procurement/Logistics or any relevant field.
· Sensitive to cultural diversity
· Able to work in a team and under pressure
· High degree of integrity, discretion, and personal conduct
· Flexible and adaptable to changing working conditions
· Self-motivated, with good judgment and initiative
· Advanced verbal and written communication skills
· Good interpersonal skills
· High level of attention to detail
· Able to priorities and meet deadlines
· Ability to work extra hours
· 5 years or more experience in administration in any other relevant office support areas
· Demonstrated knowledge of customer care
· Excellent computer knowledge
· Basic knowledge of finance & accounting
· Fluency in English and Kiswahili. Knowledge of French an asset
How to Apply