Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Job Summary: We are looking for an Accounts Assistant to perform daily accounting tasks that will support our financial team. The successful candidate will help our Accounting department run smoothly, ensuring transparency and efficiency in all transactions. You are required to be trustworthy, very efficient, with good bookkeeping skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Preparing statutory accounts.
· Preparing payroll
· Review and file payroll documents
· Maintain digital and physical financial records
· Managing petty cash transactions.
· Working with spreadsheets, sales and purchase ledgers and journals.
· Reconciling finance accounts and direct debits
· Supporting with the completion of monthly prepayments and accruals.
· Reconcile invoices and identify discrepancies
· Create and update expense reports
· Participate in quarterly and annual audits
· Intercompany reconciliations.
· Assisting cash-flow forecasts.
· Hands on transactional processes including cash handling, bank & balance-sheet reconciliations
· Responsible for accounts payable and receivable.
· Supporting the finance team with year-end processes
· Other ad hoc finance administration related tasks as required.
· Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Finance or any other business related field
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in accounting
· CPA II Accounting qualification – (Will be an added advantage)
Knowledge and Skills
· Proficiency with computers – MS Excel and accounting software (QuickBooks)
· Good organization skills
· Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information
· Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures
· Familiarity with finance regulations
· Exceptional time management skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Attention to detail and ability to multitask
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, to email@example.com by 30th November 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be Contacted.