Job Vacancy: Accounts Receivable
Reporting To: Chief Finance Manager
Basic Function: The position is accountable for the entire process, including managing the Accounts Receivable policy as well as daily & weekly reviews and monitoring of the portfolio & Payments of existing customers.
Assessment of regular payments by the clients with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and avoidance & reduction of Non-performing portfolio.
· Accounts Receivable Operations.
· Maintain the corporate Accounts Receivable policy, creating procedures and policies that ensure timely payments while maintaining a high level of customer retention.
· Recommend changes in the Accounts Receivable policy to senior management whenever necessary.
· Manage customer Accounts and Monitor the same on a weekly basis.
· Work on the Client Defaulters portfolio to eliminate Non-Performing Portfolio.
· Work with the Finance team on the Repossession policy.
· Reconciling accounts Receivables on a weekly basis.
· Liaising with customers, as well as internal personnel including the sales team.
· Negotiation with Customers in repayment proposals for the amount in arrears.
· Ensure Customers receive Statements on a monthly basis.
· Motivate the clients to enforce collections.
· 4+ years of credit experience in Microfinance or Banking Institution with a strong Credit Background: Bachelor’s degree in Finance / business and experience with credit management preferred.
· CPA Part 2 will be and added advantage.
· Have a thorough knowledge of Accounts Receivable Management.
· Have considerable experience with customer negotiations.
· To have worked in a Financial Institution or a reputable Micro Finance.
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
· Good business acumen for problem solving.
· Competency with ERP systems.
· Confidence to deal with a range of stakeholders.
· Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize a demanding workload.
Applicants who meet the above criteria are required to send their applications through the link https://www.optiven.co.ke/aboutus/careers, with “Accounts Receivable Officer” being the subject of the email and with detailed CV, names & addresses of three referees .
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: We do not charge any fee for any recruitment process.