Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1.
Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world.
Under this contract, Abt will implement entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 24 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
The PMI VectorLink Kenya Project is led by Abt Associates, an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries.
The PMI VectorLink Kenya Project seeks candidates to assist in implementing in six sub counties (Rongo, Awendo, Uriri, Suna East, Suna West and Nyatike) in Migori and Eight Sub- counties (Rangwe, Homa Bay Township, Ndhiwa, Mbita, Rachuonyo North, Kabondo, Kasipul and Suba) in Homa Bay county Kenya in the following temporary positions:
Position: Operations Site Coordinator
Supervisor: Sub County Coordinator
Location: Migori County, Kenya
No. Required: 70 (28 in Migori and 42 in Homa Bay)
Overall Purpose: Under the supervision of the VectorLink’s Sub County Coordinator, ensures efficient logistics support services to county warehouse and stores besides supervising Storekeeper. They are responsible to ensure that the operational IRS operational plan is implemented in their specific operational sites.
· Provide overall oversight, leadership, and management of IRS activities at operations site
· Responsible for overseeing all administrative operations at the operational site.
· Supervise at least 3 spray teams throughout the spray campaign
· Work closely with the site supervisors and IEC Assistants to ensure proper coordination of mobilization and spray operations activities in the site as per site operational plans
· Work closely with the sub-location mobilizers’ team leader to ensure mass mobilization is conducted as required and the communities are ready for spray and those missed are revisited for mop up.
· Update village maps to show areas already sprayed
· Provide oversight on property management and inventory control activities at the operations site and ensures no shortage of IRS commodities.
· Work closely with Sub-County Coordinator and Environmental Compliance Officer, in strengthening environmental compliance procedures and monitoring of IRS activities
· Ensure the team leader’s summary is recorded in the spray performance tracker at the operations site on a daily basis.
· Collect and deliver all daily spray records to the M&E Assistants on a daily basis.
· Ensure vehicle log sheets is completed accurately by drivers and duly signed daily.
· Oversee the collection of used insecticide containers and ensure sorting, transportation and storage of same in county central stores.
· Ensure all site-based personnel timesheets are signed and uploaded on a daily basis. Endure hard copies of the timesheets are shared timely with the finance assistant.
· Attend all morning mobilization and end- of- day debrief meetings, and document issues discussed.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
· Training in logistics, procurement, supplies and management.
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred
· At least 2 years’ experience plus 6 months supervisory experience in handling basic logistic and procurement issues in an established organizations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Additional professional training in logistics management or any other relevant field.
· Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint preferred.
· Ability to understand and interpret policies and procedures as well as the ability to apply them with consistency in a variety of circumstances.
· Good communication skills including spoken and written English and Kiswahili is preferred
· Ability to work as part of a team.
· Willingness and flexibility to work long hours.
NB: These positions will be on a short term contract, not more than 2 months and/or on need basis.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and updated CV to KenyaJobs@abtassoc.com with the title of the position being applied for in the e-mail subject line specifying the work location preferred i.e. county and ward e.g. ‘Store keeper-Migori county – North Kamagambo’ by COB, November, 3rd 2019.
Equal Opportunity Employer: As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.