Tender Care Junior Academy
Vacancy Announcement: Finance Manager
Reports to: Director
Responsible for the financial health of a company or organisation.
Producing financial reports and developing strategies based on financial research.
Guiding senior executives in making sound business decisions in the long and short term.
· Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
· Oversee financial department employees, including financial assistants and accountants
· Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
· Develop and install sound accounting and financial management including procurement systems and procedures aimed at improving financial performance and effective control and custody of the company’s assets.
· Ensure that proper books of accounts are maintained to satisfy legal and internal requirements
· Proper cash flow forecast and management ensuring timely and full debt collection
· Treasury/bank reconciliation
· Develop, enhance and implement sound accounting and operating procedures including sound internal controls and ensure adherence to company policies.
· Prepare and compile company budgets and control costs in line with the approved budgets
· Provide leadership to the team and manage performance
· Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the company
· Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
· Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
· Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
· Any other duties that may be assigned
Minimum required qualifications & experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
· CPA (K) or its equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Proficiency in QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel and any other Accounting packages.
· Five years’ accounting experience in a school environment is highly desirable.
· Experience managing financial budgets
· Good understanding of the Kenyan tax laws
Vacancy Announcement: Lower Primary Head
About us: We are a leading primary school in Nairobi with a large team of professional teachers and non-teaching staff, looking to hire a competent and performance driven leader to head the lower primary section.
Our ideal candidate: We would be excited to meet a professional who has steered change management initiatives in a School and recorded exemplary results in terms of academic standards improvement, business growth, team cohesion, compliance and developed a performance driven culture.
We are keen to engage a person who values integrity, achievement of learning outcomes in line with the new CBC curriculum, personal discipline and professionalism among our other values. A person with passion for training and empowering teachers and developing all round learners would be of great interest to us.
Our Work Environment: If the thought of being in a highly structured and competitive, fast paced, challenging and demanding work environment is anything that interests you; we would like to hear from you.
· Must be a P1 teacher with a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education (ECDE) from an accredited university and must be registered under the Teacher Service Commission (TSC)
· Must have at least 5 years’ experience in heading lower primary in a reputable school with exemplary performance track record
· Good understanding of and experience in curriculum management, design, implementation and evaluation of both 8-4-4 and CBC curriculums
· Understanding of 21st century education practices, strategies for raising students’ achievement, managing discipline and effective frameworks for school improvement planning and self-evaluation
· Must be computer literate with a high proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint office applications.
Please make your application through firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business 21st October 2019.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.