Senior Procurement Officer
Grade XIII 1 Post (AD/04/09/19)
· Applicants must possess a Master’s Degree in Procurement and Supplies with nine (9) years working experience, three (3) of which at the level of Procurement/Supplies Officer Grade 12 or its equivalent.
· In addition they must possess a current practicing license, registered with relevant professional bodies and be ICT competent.
Reporting to the Deputy Vice Chancellor in charge of Administration and Finance the Senior Procurement Officer will
· Manage the procurement and supplies function in the Institution from tendering, procurement to disposal.
· Maintain and updated record of all stores, machinery and equipment.
· Ensure the provisions of the Public Procurement and Disposal Act 2005 are adhered to.
· Liaise with suppliers to ensure prompt and accurate deliveries.
· Supervise and liaise with staff within the department.
· Ensure that all documents relating to procurement are handed over to finance section for timely payment of suppliers.
· Coordinate stock taking, stock control and verification of materials.
Grade XII One (1) Post (AD/03/09/19)
· Applicants must possess a Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology, Psychology, Guidance and Counseling or Psychiatry with six (6) years working experience three (3) of which as Senior Assistant Students Counselor Scale 11 or its equivalent
· Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Counseling Psychology, Psychology, Guidance and Counseling or Psychiatry with twelve (12) years working experience, three (3) of which as Senior Assistant Students Counselor Scale 11 or its equivalent.
· Applicants must be registered with relevant professional body and be ICT Competent.
Reporting to the Dean of Students the successful candidate will
· Participate in the development and regular review of departmental policies for smooth running of the departmental activities.
· Develop departmental annual work plan to enable effective running of activities and management of resources.
· Prepare departmentalreports on quarterly basis for management and decision making.
· Supervise subordinate staff in the department on a daily basis to ensure service delivery is of high quality.
· Coordinate counseling activities in the department on a daily basis for facilitation of student welfare.
· Liaise with other counselors from other Universities to address diverse challenges faced by clients and provide support on how to overcome the issues.
· Maintain accurate up to date and systematic records of counseling sessions for compliance with the service’s code of confidentiality, professional standards for current and future decision making.
· Respond to emergencies and consultation requests from staff regarding students who are experiencing mental health crises and escalate to qualified specialist.
· Organize workshops in the University to sensitize the student community about addiction and behavior disorders and develop strategies to cope with those problems.
· Evaluate students’ mental and physical health, addiction, or problem behavior and assess their readiness for treatment.
· Conduct outreach programs within the University to help students identify the signs of addiction and behavior disorders as well as to steps to take to avoid such behavior.
· Organize regular training for peer counselors to assist the Counseling Unit in providing counseling services to student community as and when required.
· Participate in disciplinary sessions for the students especially where clients are involved to ensure that a specialist advice is made to the Disciplinary Committee for appropriate verdict.
How to Apply
Each application shall be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport, testimonials and any other relevant supporting documents. They should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of three (3) referees.
Applicants must also submit on application CURRENT VALID CLEARANCE from the following:
· Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax compliance certificate).
· Higher Education Loans Board (HELB loan clearance certificate).
· Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
· Directorate of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of good conduct).
· Clearance certificates from registered and recognized Credit Reference Bureau.
All applications shall clearly specify the position applied for by indicating the advert reference number on the envelope and submit in ten (10) hard copies to the address below. A soft copy of the cover letter and curriculum vitae should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be received on or before Friday, 11th October, 2019
The Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration & Finance)
Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology
P.O. Box 190-50100
MMUST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES AND FEMALE GENDER ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
MMUST does not levy any fee in the processing, recruitment & selection of applicants
The University reserves the right not to make any appointments at any stage of the recruitment exercise.