Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya which is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The Hospital is part of a Network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach health facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2008 certification and ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services. The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has also expanded its services to Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Busia and Homa-Bay Counties.
The Hospital is seeking dynamic and qualified people to apply for the enumerators posts. The enumerators will support in data collection for the endline study for the Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health project (AQCESS project) that started in April 2016 in Kisii (Bomachoge Borabu Sub County) and is expected to end in March 2020.
Access to Quality Care through Extending and Strengthening Health Systems (AQCESS) is a multi-country project of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), funded by the Global Affairs Canada and Aga Khan Foundation, Canada.
The project seeks to improve health outcomes of women of reproductive age and children by enhancing the availability and utilization of essential health services for pregnant women, newborns and children under the age of five and improving the quality of these services.
The enumerators will be expected to undertake the following;
· Attend the entire sessions of the pre survey training as will be required.
· Administer consent to every study participant before the administration of the survey tools.
· Administer the Household Survey to sampled respondents within the selected villages and households. Data collection will be done through use of tablets. Appropriate training will be provided before the data collection. Tablets will also be provided.
· Review the collected data with the field supervisor at end of every day before sending over to the server.
· Participate in process review meetings as will be advised by the Study Supervisor during the data collection.
· Take utmost good care of the data collection tablet and other assets that may be provided during this engagement, and return the same at the end of the assignment
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
· At least Diploma level training in relevant fields including social sciences or natural sciences from reputable training institution
· Minimum 1 year of working experience in survey data collection
· Experience in data collection using open data kit (ODK) is added advantage
· Very good communication and interviewing skills
· Ability to endure rigours of field data collection including time pressure and difficult terrains
· Ability to use android tablets.
Key deliverables will include;
· Raw data collected and sent to the server
· Field notes on the process of data collection including any important observations and challenges during data collection
· Handing over all the data collection equipment in good working condition
Duration: This assignment is intended to take a maximum of 14 working days (15th Nov to 6th Dec) in Bomachoge, Biorabu Sub County, Kisii
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Business Develop Manager, the successful candidate will act as the liaison person for the patient, the hospital and payer to ascertain the process of care provided is of high quality, efficient and cost effective resulting in positive health outcomes through provision of clinical leadership by focusing on the delivery of quality health care to patients at the right time in the right location by the right health care provider.
· Strengthen service delivery and give feedback to management towards efficient & efficient service delivery.
· Explore program/service development opportunities which the hospital can prioritize.
· Coordinate smooth execution of corporate operational guidelines.
· Coordinating daily in patient rounds of specific scheme beneficiaries admitted at the hospital.
· Apply utilization management principals to ascertain highest quality of care in the right setting at most affordable cost
· In liaison with corporate care managers verify itemized bills on a daily basis
· Verify coverage and benefits with health insurer to ensure that the patient is appropriately billed.
· Coordinate access of required services.
· Advocates for the patients under specific schemes for needed services and educate accordingly, based on their limited cover.
· Address all issues arising from all the stakeholders
· A Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing
· At least five (5) years’ work experience in a hospital set up, with at least two (2) years’ experience in Care Coordination or similar field
· Membership to a professional body an added advantage
· Effective communication skills, including written, verbal, and listening skills.
· Organized planner, capable of prioritizing tasks and multitasking efficiently.
· Team player that can adapt to a fast paced and changing environment
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae including names and contacts of three reference current and expected remuneration to email@example.com on or before 14th October 2019.
Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
A competitive compensation package will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer.