Monitoring & Evaluation Head
SHOFCO is a grassroots organization that unlocks the potential of urban slum dwellers to lead hopeful and fulfilling lives. SHOFCO disrupts survival mode by providing critical services including health care, clean water, education, and economic empowerment; and links these efforts to a community-led advocacy platform. SHOFCO is a rapidly-growing organization that currently impacts over 300,000 people across 9 urban slums in Kenya. Over the next 5-10 years, SHOFCO aims to become a national platform for urban slum transformation across Kenya, demonstrating a scalable and replicable model that can be used around the world. For more information, please visit www.shofco.org.
SHOFCO is seeking a dynamic Monitoring and Evaluation leader with strong quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills, and proven ability to communicate results effectively. Reporting to the Chief Program Officer, the Head of Monitoring & Evaluation will be responsible for providing overall leadership and management of a diverse team that supports monitoring, evaluation, and reporting activities. The incumbent will work closely with program managers, fundraising and communication departments, and implementing partners to understand and communicate program impact.
· Continually update and strengthen SHOFCO’s theory of change and M&E framework to ensure alignment with organizational strategy and impact aspirations.
· Serve as the organizational voice for all M&E-related issues, to the organization, its leadership, and key external stakeholders. Participate in the preparation and facilitation of informational meetings with SHOFCO’s partners and funders.
· Lead and coordinate initiatives to strengthen M&E systems and processes throughout the organization. Identify and address opportunities to upgrade current approaches to data collection, verification, recordkeeping, reporting, and analysis.
· Oversee routine program monitoring activities. Monitor quality of data collection and verification efforts at all levels of the organization, to ensure the quality and precision of data being collected.
· Ensure M&E reports are produced in a timely manner, and in full compliance with SHOFCO performance management needs and funder expectations.
· Conduct third party evaluations as needed.
· Ensure all responsible M&E and programs staff are trained on data collection methodology and in the M&E system, in general. Assist the various program teams in improving capabilities for data collection and analysis.
· Create regular opportunities for skills building and continue to professionalize M&E staff.
Education, Experience and Skills
· Minimum of 8 years professional experience, with 3 years in a senior M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of international development projects.
· Master’s degree or Bachelor plus an advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, or economics preferred.
· Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
Chief Program Officer
SHOFCO is a Kenyan registered Charity Organization with its Headquarters in Gatwekera-Kibera and other offices in New York, Mathare Slum, Mukuru Slum and Bangladesh with a plan to move to other slums in Kenya with a VISION of “Building Urban Promise from Urban Poverty”. It is a grassroots movement that catalyzes large-scale transformation in urban slums by providing critical services for all, community advocacy platforms, and education and leadership development for women and girls.
We seek to fill the position of:
CHIEF PROGRAM OFFICER
To strengthen its Senior Management team, SHOFCO is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, results driven, entrepreneurial and highly motivated individual with strong leadership and interpersonal skills to fill the position of Chief Program Officer. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the CPO will be responsible for leading and managing SHOFCO’s wide array of services and programs that include education, health, gender empowerment and WASH. In collaboration with other members of the executive team, the CPO will articulate and implement the strategic vision of the organization; provide leadership in creating and implementing programs; raise SHOFCO’s profile through external communication; provide guidance and professional development to leadership staff in the programs department; and budget management.
· Lead overall strategic planning process and ongoing implementation of strategic plan, in collaboration with President/CEO and SHOFCO Leadership Team.
· Provide effective leadership and stewardship to advance SHOFCO’s strategic objectives and growth aspirations.
· Ensure that all program activities operate in alignment with the organization’s strategy, values, and performance standards.
· Prepare an annual operational budget to the CEO and CFO for review and approval, manage effectively within this budget, and ensure sound fiscal management.
· Lead and manage a high-performing team of program directors and managers. Create ongoing opportunities for development and growth of staff at all levels. Promote a culture of accountability and creativity.
· Partner with the CEO to build strategic relationships with a network of public and private sector actors including the national government, UN agencies, and bi-lateral and multi-lateral agencies, corporates, and peer NGOs/implementing partners. Leverage existing agendas and initiatives from this network to scale impact of SHOFCO’s work.
· Strengthen and maintain the organisation’s profile and credibility through media interactions, and speaking opportunities at key events.
· Advanced Degree in International Development or related field with knowledge and experience of working with under-served groups.
· At least 10 years’ experience, with 5 years in a senior management role leading complex operations and significant budgets in a global / developing world context, with evidence of producing results.
· Proficiency in Swahili and fluency in English is required.
· Demonstrated expertise in building and driving a network of mission-aligned partnerships.
How to Apply
Please submit an application by email ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as subject line on or before November 6, 2019.
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply