Library assistant is responsible for sorting and shelving books according to their categorization, assisting customers/learners with internet access and ensuring their technical needs are met. He/She also manages inquiries over the counter, via email or telephone among other duties.
· Helping learners/customers locate books or find material online.
· Checking books in and out at the front desk.
· Sorting and shelving books according to their categorization
· Register new customers and maintaining and updating customer profiles.
· Maintaining records of books taken out (borrowed) and books brought back.
· Cataloging new arrivals
· Assisting customers/learners with internet access and ensuring their technical needs are met.
· Organizing the repair of damaged books
· Inspecting the condition of books before and after check out to ascertain any damage on behalf of the customer.
· Managing inquiries over the counter and via email or telephone
· Assisting with Library events and reading sessions
· Managing payments of fines
· Cataloging audio visual material and other mediums
· Settling any disruptions or disturbances in the Library
· Any other duties as may be assigned by management
· Bachelor’s Degree (Library and information Science/Records management and information technology) or any other related in that field
· Experience in customer service role
· Strong IT skills and familiarity with use of databases and the internet
· Outstanding organization skills and presentation skills
· Attention to detail and good problem solving ability
· Ability to work under minimum supervision
Food & Beverage Service Lecturer
Responsible to serving food and beverages to guests and students and lead team members to be efficient and effective.
· Manage inventory and order food and beverages equipment and supplies
· Oversees food and beverage service operations
· Inspects F & B supplies, equipment and work areas
· Ensures students comply with health, food safety standards and regulations
· Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality and service
· Schedule student hours and assign duties
· Maintain budgets and review financial transactions
· Establish standards for students performance and customer serve
· Co-coordinating activities of the kitchen and service students
· Compiling and liaising with kitchen, menu for students training and restaurant food service areas and student dining
· Monitors F & B orders and any needed work with the Chef to remedy any delays in service.
· Any other duties as may be assigned by management
· Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management/Events
· Proven experience as F & B Culinary manager
· A deep understanding of, commitment to and involvement in hospitality Industry
· Outstanding F & B techniques and interpersonal relationship skills
· Capacity to work under extreme pressure
· Ability to train students in executing different service styles and techniques at the training restaurant.
· Excellent leadership and management skills
· Ability to delegate tasks
Professional Programs Development Coordinator
The B2B coordinator responsible for leading and contributing to projects that drive revenue growth. He/She will report directly to the Head of Academics, be responsible for the development and management of broad-based B2B marketing programs, implementation and results, will market products to other businesses that have demonstrated a need for the products or services.
· Oversee marketing lead generation
· Provide short and long term market forecasts, reports, and trends to assist business development in the acquisition of B2B clients
· Lead and ensure the consistency in the messaging, branding, content, and look-and-feel of all internal and external communications and marketing materials—coordinating and socializing with content, creative, sales and broader organization
· Perform industry and competitive analysis to inform the sales process and help positioning and messaging
· Perform ongoing tracking and reporting on B2B marketing initiatives
· Develop and execute B2B marketing plans that may include PPC, email campaigns, participation in industry conferences and events, webinars, and website updates
· Any other duties as may be assigned by management.
· Master’s Degree and 3+ years marketing experience required; a minimum of 2 years of experience directly managing B2B Digital Marketing programs with proven ability to deliver consistently strong measurable results
· Proven track record managing marketing pipeline generation, including managing campaigns from concept to (Return on Investment) ROI analysis
· Food Service or Restaurant experience
· Excellent communication skills – strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong analytical skills; including experience reviewing performance results and making recommendations for future actions
· Strong financial and business acumen
· Dynamic, motivating, and entrepreneurial-minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and deadlines. Proactive mentality with curiosity and desire to learn.
· Exceptional organizational and project management skills, ability to manage multiple projects, ability to meet deadlines, and strong attention to detail
· Proficient computer skills in MS Office including Word and Excel and PowerPoint.
· Experience with Salesforce to nurture, track and report on lead conversions
· Must be very comfortable with continuously changing opportunities and priorities
· Team player with ability to work cross-functionally
· Email, database, and digital marketing experience
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than Thursday, 17th October 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.