The Anglican Development Services -Mt. Kenya, is a faith based organization of the Anglican Church of Kenya.
We are currently implementing a governance/civic education Project in 14 wards (Ruguru, Karatina Town, Kiganjo / Mathari, Rware, Rugi, Mukurwe-ini Central, Mweiga, Naromoru, Thegu River, Gakawa, Iriani, Chinga, Wamagana, Aguthi / Gaaki) in Nyeri County and therefore, wish to recruit suitable professionals to the following open positions of Ward Civic Educators.
The minimum requirements for a civic educator are as follows:
i. Education Level: minimum grade C (plain) at KCSE.
ii. Should be an indigenous resident of the ward under which s/he applies for.
iii. Should meet the leadership and integrity requirements as per chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya (2010)
iv. Basic knowledge on the Constitution of Kenya (2010).
v. Should have experience in community mobilization and facilitation skills.
vi. Should be available to undertake this work and to travel within the ward as required.
vii. Computer skills: Ms. Word and Excel
viii. Should have at least 2 years’ experience in working on governance and democracy field (civic/voter educator with another CBOs/CSOs/IEBC, etc).
ix. Prior experience in governance, democracy and civic education work.
Applications should include: Academic and Professional qualifications, residential and the preferred Ward to work in.
· Project Lead and Manager of Project staff.
· Management of Project Planning implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
· Community Mobilization for project ownership and participation.
· Budget management.
· Project resource mobilization.
· Liaison with partners and stakeholders.
· Support the implementation of County-level action plans.
· Support coordination and training of civic educators to improve local civic actions.
· Advocate for increased participation of Marginalized and Vulnerable Groups in governance processes.
· Ensure delivery of the project objectives, outcomes and outputs within the stipulated time frame.
· Custodian of project data.
· First degree in relevant Social Sciences, a master’s degree is an added advantage
· At least 5 years’ experience in Senior Management of governance project/s.
· Experience in management of multiple donor funded projects, procurement processes, project planning and social accountability management skills.
· Proficiency in M&E skills
· Excellent organization and time management skills
· Excellent team leadership skills
· Strong oral and written communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent Computer Skills
· Proven Experience in resource mobilization
· Riding skills an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications indicating their current and expected salary, complete with a CV, copies of ID card, Certificates and testimonials, names and telephone numbers of three professional referees and a reliable telephone number.
Address application to;
The Chairman, Recruitment Committee,
P.O. Box 2376-10140
Send via Post office mail, hand deliver
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: Programme Officer,
no later than 4.00pm, on the 9th October 2019.
Please note that applications will be considered on a rolling basis.