Job Vacanies: Temporary Field Assistants
Location: Kiambu, Kitui and Nyandarua Counties
Duration: 6 – 8 weeks
Start Date: Immediate
About us CMMB is a global non–governmental, humanitarian and development organization with a special focus on making healthcare available to all.
The Position: Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager CMMB plans to support the Kiambu, Nyandarua and Kitui counties’ department of health to conduct malaria data quality audits at selected health facilities between October and December 2019. We are seeking to recruit temporary field assistants to support this activity in the said counties. The incumbent will ensure the smooth implementation of these activities and discharge the responsibilities as below.
· Account for financial resources utilized during the DQA exercises as per CMMB policies
· Ensure DQA activities and processes are compliant with set guidelines and policies.
· In liaison with the county malaria control coordinator, provide logistical and administrative support to Ministry of health teams conducting the DQAs.
· Represent CMMB at county, sub-county and facility Malaria DQA meetings as may be called upon.
Qualifications and Experience
· Minimum diploma or degree in Community Development, Social Work, Social sciences, Nursing or Clinical Medicine.
· Excellent coordination and networking skills including liaison with stakeholders.
· Must have good analytical and writing skills.
· Experience working with an NGO is a plus.
· Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel.
· Proven experience and familiarity with MOH/GOK teams at county and sub county level
Project Officer – Malaria
Location: Nyamira County
Duration: 3 Months (Maternity Reliever)
Overview: Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager – Global Fund, The Project Officer – Malaria will generally oversee the day to day implementation of the Global Fund Supported community malaria interventions as well as reporting in Nyamira County.
Further, s/he will be the focal person for the project’s stakeholder engagements in the county with overall support and guidance of the Program Manager.
Technical Support & Management
· Providing support to the planning, implementation, management, and monitoring of community malaria activities within the supported community health units
· Assisting in providing technical expertise and support during training of Community Health Volunteers (CHVs).
· Ensuring that activities geared towards community level management of malaria activities are effectively supervised.
· Planning for regular opportunities to identify lessons learnt and opportunities for documentation of the project’s work.
Coordination and representation
· Providing overall planning and coordination in training, reporting and supervision visits
· Liaising with key partners including County Sub County Health Management Teams, local leaders, other NGO partners, and other stakeholders (as necessary) to provide synergy for project activities
· Attending malaria and community health services related technical working groups and stakeholder meetings at the county, sub county and community.
Administrative and Other Duties
· Providing monthly written reports to the Program Manager on the progress towards the project’s annual objectives; identifying areas for improvement and those requiring follow-up.
· Working with the finance department to prepare financial requests and ensure the timely liquidation and reporting of expenditure
· Any other duties as required by the line manager
· Compilation of activity reports and success stories for inclusion in the qualitative and quantitative reports submitted to Country Office and contributing to the other reports as required.
· You have a Bachelor’s degree in Health Sciences, Public Health, Social Sciences or Community Health.
· You have a minimum of at least 4 years’ experience in an NGO set up implementing community malaria programs.
· You have experience working with health service delivery professionals (e.g. Community Health Workers, health care workers)
· You have experience with planning, implementing, managing, and/or monitoring and reporting of malaria initiatives
· You have strong project management skills, as evidenced by impressive academic or professional results
· You are highly organized, flexible, and adaptable to changing priorities and able to work well under deadlines with minimum supervision
· You have excellent computer skills using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook—You must have demonstrable ability to format documents, prepare charts and manipulate data
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills to include conflict resolution, priority management, and managing expectations of multiple clients
· Experience in the implementation of Global Fund Malaria grants is an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their application together with resume/CV to email@example.com indicating position applied for on the subject line by 21st October 2019.
Include telephone and email contacts of 3 references and your daytime telephone/cell phone contact.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about us, visit our website at www.cmmb.org.
Note: CMMB does not charge any fees from applicants for any recruitment. Further, CMMB has not retained any agent in connection with this recruitment