Our client in the Hospitality Industry is hiring a Front Desk Agent
To greet guests and allocate rooms according to laid-down procedures.
Represent the establishment in a professional Business Manner.
· To greet the customer and identify his/her specific reservation.
· To register the guest, ensuring that the necessary details are obtained, i.e. name in full, address, whether company or private booking, special rate, allowances, VIP, charge details, nationality, passport number, etc.
· To allocate rooms according to reservations list, ensuring that this is what the guest has booked, both in terms of the room itself and the rate to be paid.
· To issue the key and liaise or alert the porter so that the guest’s luggage is taken to his room and the key issued.
· To update occupancy list, giving copies to relevant staff.
· To ensure that all departments, particularly restaurants, are notified of the tariff entitlements.
· To complete shift handover book with all necessary information to ensure smooth transitions between shifts.
· To answer all incoming calls politely and take messages or direct the call accordingly
· To assist all in-house guests with locating hotel facilities
· To answer any questions that the guests may have
· To deal with all guests complaints quickly, politely and promptly
· To ensure a prompt, courteous response and follow up to all enquiries.
· To ensure that once a booking is confirmed, all details and requirements are noted, using a check list, so that nothing is forgotten.
· To liaise or ensure liaison with the client a few days before the meeting to confirm exact numbers, prepare detailed banquet event orders and circulate information to the appropriate departmental heads.
· To check the meeting rooms and cloakrooms for cleanliness before guests arrive and ensure tables are set.
· To greet the host and circulate during the course of the function to provide appropriate contact information in the event of a problem or complaint.
· To ensure that the accounts department receives accurate information to enable it to correctly bill the client.
· To check for guest items that may be left after the function and ensure that equipment is removed once the function is over and returned to its correct storage place.
· To give feedback on guest letters and comments.
· To assist all guests with use of office machines and equipment as required.
· To ensure that all services utilized are correctly billed in the system
· Perform other tasks as necessary in order to achieve the operational and financial goals of the organization
· Diploma in Front Office Management or other related field preferred
· 3 to 5 years in a Front Office of a medium to busy Hotel.
· Proficiency of Micros Fidelio, Sun Systems, PMS, Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
How to Apply
Kindly send your summarized 3 page CV and motivation letter detailing your experience, qualification and desire for the job to email@example.com copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly indicating the job title as the subject.
While we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 17th October, 2019