Job Title: Finance Manager
Job Summary: Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Finance Manager leads all day-to-day accounting operations, with functional responsibility for accounting, accounts payable, payroll. Responsibilities also include production of financial reports; proper maintenance of accounting records; accurate processing of financial transactions; and administration of a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
· Oversee financial department employees, including financial assistants and accountants
· Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
· Provide useful financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing strategy, and provide guidance and analysis to executive and operational management to improve results.
· Maintain system of accounts and keep books and records on all transactions and assets.
· Prepare and analyze accurate monthly financial and management reports, including income statement, balance sheet, budget and variance, projections and forecast, and cash flow.
· Maintain control of the following areas: general ledger, accounts payable, expense reports, billing, and payroll.
· Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the company
· Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
· Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
· Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings
· Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
· Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
· Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
· Assist in issuing timely, accurate, and complete financial statements for all levels, including Board of Directors, executive, and management.
· Assist in coordinating the preparation of the draft audited financial statements and all tax returns.
· Coordinate the preparation of financial information in the corporate annual report.
· Recommend and report upon benchmarks against which to measure organizational performance.
· Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
· Assist in the production of cash flow reports, annual budget, and forecasts.
· Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
· Provide for a system of management cost reports.
· Provide financial analyses and models as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
Skills & Qualifications
· Strategic thinker who possesses solid business acumen and is able to organize and manage multiple priorities.
· Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact effectively with others, both internally and externally.
· Excellent time management skills, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality.
· Proven ability to make complex and time-sensitive decisions in the best interests of the organization.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
· Post Graduate qualification is preferred
· CPA K
· Minimum of 10 years of finance and accounting experience, including finance, accounting, audit, and analysis (including gathering, evaluating, presenting, and reporting financial information to management and external stakeholders).
· Solid experience in coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments.
· Nonprofit experience, with experience with fund/grants accounting preferred.
· Proficiency with Intacct or other accounting software and excellent Excel skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV to email@example.com before end of day 15th November 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted