Title: Cashier – Packaging Material
Gross Salary: 20k – 25k
Our client is a fast-growing manufacturing company located in Thika town, seeking to hire a competent Cashier. The successful candidate will be tasked with assisting the accountant with the day to day accounting functions.
· Ensure that all accounting entries are verified before posting it in the system.
· Ensure that all accounting entries are posted timely and accurately in the system.
· Ensure that the bank collection control account is made nil once the cheques are deposited in the banks.
· Ensure that the petty cash balance as per the system ties up with the physical cash in hand on a daily basis.
· Submit the daily collection report along with the pay in slips to the FM on daily basis.
· Prepare daily bank reconciliation statements.
· Reimburse petty cash expenses to the staff provided the vouchers are authorized by the respective department heads, the FM and the CEO.
· Submit the vouchers to the payables accountant for reimbursement as and when the expenses reach the prescribed threshold limit which is currently at Kenyan Shillings five Hundred Thousand.
· Ensure that the petty cash report is updated before the close of business every day.
· Ensuring adherence of SOP for load out and load is strictly followed by the distribution & Sales Representatives.
· Ensure that all M-Pesa settlements are posted real time to the respective distribution & Sales Representatives accounts.
· Ensure that all cash and cheque settlements are posted real time to the respective distribution & Sales Representatives accounts.
· Ensure that the distribution & Sales Representatives account is fully settled at the end of the day by checking their ledger accounts.
· Coordinate with the auditors for physical verification of cash.
· Complete all schedules and tie them with the Trial Balance within 30 days from the date of closure of the yearend financial accounting period.
· Coordinate with the auditors during the audit and provide them all the information requested by them.
· Provide all the information and support requested by the Internal Audit Team.
· Ensure strict adherence of all the recommendations of the Internal Audit Team.
· Diploma/Degree in Business management –Finance option.
· Certified public Accountant Kenya
· 3 years of experience in the field of Finance.
· An acute inner sense of evaluating customers based on their track record.
· Proficient in computer usage and knowledge of ERP systems (Both Sage & Navision)
· Team player, who works well across functions and levels
· Experience in the Soft Drinks business would be an added advantage.
· Female candidates are encouraged to apply
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with customers and Employees in a professional manner