Scope of Work
Position: Administrative Assistant / Receptionist
Activity: USAID Kenya / East Africa Journey to Self-Reliance (J2SR) Mission Support Program
Implementer: SoCha LLC
Company Background: SoCha (a portmanteau of Social and Change) is an independent Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) firm that provides bespoke solutions to social challenges. Since our inception in 2010, we have grown into a fully-fledged ME&L services firm that specializes in advancing innovative methodologies and changing the way donors find solutions to social problems.
Activity Background: USAID / Kenya East Africa seeks to advance what self-reliance means for Kenya and the broader region. To support USAID/KEA to align programming toward promoting self-reliance outcomes, SoCha LLC has recently been awarded and will implement a two-year (optional three-year) mission support program to enable USAID to pivot into this journey to self-reliance (J2SR).
To support this journey, the J2SR program will support USAID/KEA to understand context, align programs, collect data, understand complexity, and apply learning to program adaptation.
Thus, the Journey to Self-Reliance program aims to:
1. Strengthen monitoring, verification, and reporting systems;
2. Improve the utilization of evaluations, assessments, and analyses to fulfill learning objectives and inform decisions;
3. Improve internal and external coordination, collaboration, and learning;
4. Enhance practices of learning and adapting; and
5. Support strategy development and process management.
J2SR is both a support contract and a core learning mechanism for the USAID/KEA mission.
J2SR will support USAID/Kenya and East Africa across all technical areas, operating in Nairobi, Kenya with travel in both Kenya and the East Africa region.
J2SR will partner with local organizations and local firms and will work to build local capacity to drive ambitious development agenda throughout Kenya and East Africa.
Position background: Reporting directly to the Administration Manager regarding day-to-day office operations, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for smooth administrative operations of a project office.
Main Duties of the Position will be;
· Work with the operations team and project staff to manage logistics and procurement.
· Maintain project files and assist with office management and financial transactions.
· Communications Management – Handle calls, mail, and electronic communications; compose and type correspondence; and interface as appropriate to parties passing through or using the project office. In addition, route messages and information to appropriate individuals, paying particular attention to channeling communications to other project offices.
· Information Management – Develop and maintain office filing systems; maintain library resources; take, prepare, and distribute minutes from meetings.
· Meeting, Travel, and Schedule Management – Help manage the professional staff calendar of the senior management staff.
· Conference and Workshop Coordination support
· Conference and Workshop Coordination – Coordinate as needed with the ESP main office conferences, workshops and training sessions.
Skills, Knowledge, Education and Experience
· English language proficiency,
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
· 2 years of USAID experience
How to Apply
Interested candidates must submit their CV and Cover letter as one document by the end of the day, Friday November 8th, 2019 to email@example.com